Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
5 registered (Going forward, pattom, YYZGIRL, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63397 Topics
443263 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#8284 - 06/23/05 08:08 PM .
Soccer Kid Offline

Loc: Missouri

"Reality is just an illusion."

#8285 - 06/23/05 10:48 PM Re: .
Sinking Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Took my ball and went home.
Hi Kid - I took a different approach, one that may not work for everyone but it was VERY therapeutic for me. I would just open a notebook and write, just let the words flow. A lot of times I would look at it the next morning and not even remember that I wrote it, like I went into some sort of zone or something while I was writing. Sometimes it came out as free-form thought, other times it was poems or prose. Sometimes they were angry and hateful, other times they had shadows of hope weaved through them. I don't know if it happens to you the way it did to me, but I used to have what seemed like millions of thoughts running through my head at once. Putting those words on paper slowed everything down. And then I let people read them, my wife, my family, close friends. And then they understood better what I was going through. Now I have, at least, six notebooks full of poems and such and I'm keeping them all. Peace - John

#8286 - 06/24/05 04:09 AM Re: .
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Hi soccer,

I used to draw a fair amount when I was younger (even won a state competition once) - much of what I drew though was never shown to anyone - I used to draw just to get stuff out of me - I'd have to destroy whatever I drew out of fear that my mother might have found it (most of those drawings were very 'dark art')- so I no longer have any of those drawings - after graduating I went into the military and have'nt really drawn anything since - not sure if I've even got the hands for it anymore - maybe I'll have to try it again

I did find a short story that I wrote for english class in 6th grade - it is a story about a cat that has been through a very abusive life (kinda like my life) - it's a story that I actualy did turn in and got a C+ on it - the teacher totaly missed that cry for help from me...

Music - I listen to everything from heavy metal to classical blues depending on the mood that I'm in... - music helps me to connect more with the feelings that are locked inside of me...

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.