Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
2 registered (wdmkr, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441317 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#82857 - 12/26/04 10:09 AM Re: Oprah Show
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

James,

I promise you that if we get a date to do Oprah, I'll bring as many of the board that they let us.
We've got an incredible cadre of men, I know that they are silently cheering this endeavor.

David

#82858 - 12/26/04 11:01 AM Re: Oprah Show
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Well I have included the link to the bio's for the Board. If we could just get them to call one of us and let us explain just what this site means and does for men all over the world I truely believe they would do a show.

So everyone keep emailing. Everyday if you have too. One way or another as group we can get someone to read them and see that we have all emailed about the same thing.

James

#82859 - 01/03/05 12:42 PM Re: Oprah Show
sadanddown Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Gaboogistan
Anyone hear from them yet? I am going to email them again...and again...and again. This board has helped me so much I cannot even begin to explain how much it means to me.

Jon

#82860 - 01/03/05 04:48 PM Re: Oprah Show
James_dup1 Offline

Nothing here. I email them every day about this. They are either going to call or block my email.

James

#82861 - 01/19/05 01:08 AM Re: Oprah Show
Caetel Offline

Loc: Paris, France
I have left a message too, I hope the French influence will help.
Love and hugs to all, I am proud of all your efforts. You are truly my brothers.
Caroline

Dearest Oprah
I am a French incest survivor (abused by my father from 8 months until 11). I am also an art therapy student commiting into helping sexual abuse survivors to overcome the tragic consequences of such a traumatic experience.I have worked with Mike Lew and I feel for the men who have been abused because they are so lonely when dealing with the abuse. The man I love is also a survivor (a wonderful French man who has been abused by his mother). But I am so powerless in helping him go through so much pain in his life. I know the guys from http://www.malesurvivors.org have written to you asking to be heard. I don't think feminism is about discrimination. When I see a male survivor, I don't see a man first, I see a child in a lot of pain. Please let the male survivors, my brothers, come forward, let them share their stories, their pain. As a woman in love, my life has been so much affected by my darling's pain. I feel so much rage for his agressor. I believe female and male survivors have so much in common: our courage, our pain, our desire for a better life, our strentgh, our will to heal and recover and our love in our heart. A lot of male survivors are suffering in silence because of the secret they bear, because of the shame they have experienced. Please welcome them, open the door, and let the light in.
Thank you
Caroline

#82862 - 04/21/05 08:38 PM Re: Oprah Show
Nurse Tree Offline

Hi all. I just wrote to Oprah too. My family was featured on Dr. Phil on April 6th and maybe that will open some doors that I've heard you guys have been unable to open. I will do my best and if I get a response, I'm going to be looking to you for guidance. What do you want the public to know, if I'm able to get us "in?" Would anyone be interested in doing the show too?

Thank you,
Teresa

#82863 - 04/22/05 03:55 AM Re: Oprah Show
James_dup1 Offline

I am willing to share my story. If it helps just one boy/man out there it's worth letting the "world" know about me.

James

#82864 - 04/22/05 11:09 AM Re: Oprah Show
Nurse Tree Offline

Hi James,
I don't hold out a lot of hope because you guys have said how impossible it has been to get any response but I'll try... Are you interested in Dr. Phil? (He's seen by a large audience though probably not quite as large as Oprah.) I think that an entire show needs to be devoted to the subject instead of just a segment. That would give enough time for whoever wants to do it to be there. Lord knows, it obviously affects a lot of people. The way the shows concentrate on females makes for a lot of shame and isolation for boys. They need to know (like we all do) that it does happen and it does have a huge impact on boys' lives too!

#82865 - 04/22/05 03:47 PM Re: Oprah Show
James_dup1 Offline

I would yell from the roof tops if it would help.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.