Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63846 Topics
445822 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#8284 - 06/23/05 08:08 PM .
Soccer Kid Offline

Loc: Missouri

"Reality is just an illusion."

#8285 - 06/23/05 10:48 PM Re: .
Sinking Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Took my ball and went home.
Hi Kid - I took a different approach, one that may not work for everyone but it was VERY therapeutic for me. I would just open a notebook and write, just let the words flow. A lot of times I would look at it the next morning and not even remember that I wrote it, like I went into some sort of zone or something while I was writing. Sometimes it came out as free-form thought, other times it was poems or prose. Sometimes they were angry and hateful, other times they had shadows of hope weaved through them. I don't know if it happens to you the way it did to me, but I used to have what seemed like millions of thoughts running through my head at once. Putting those words on paper slowed everything down. And then I let people read them, my wife, my family, close friends. And then they understood better what I was going through. Now I have, at least, six notebooks full of poems and such and I'm keeping them all. Peace - John

#8286 - 06/24/05 04:09 AM Re: .
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Hi soccer,

I used to draw a fair amount when I was younger (even won a state competition once) - much of what I drew though was never shown to anyone - I used to draw just to get stuff out of me - I'd have to destroy whatever I drew out of fear that my mother might have found it (most of those drawings were very 'dark art')- so I no longer have any of those drawings - after graduating I went into the military and have'nt really drawn anything since - not sure if I've even got the hands for it anymore - maybe I'll have to try it again

I did find a short story that I wrote for english class in 6th grade - it is a story about a cat that has been through a very abusive life (kinda like my life) - it's a story that I actualy did turn in and got a C+ on it - the teacher totaly missed that cry for help from me...

Music - I listen to everything from heavy metal to classical blues depending on the mood that I'm in... - music helps me to connect more with the feelings that are locked inside of me...

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.