Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob_dup1 (54), Carlos Gerardo (41), FERALFOO (48), Jolly Fisherman (59), Karl (62), MikeInFlorida (52), mizphit09 (37), oktobe_me (53), Yaoichan (22)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63439 Topics
443465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#82847 - 12/18/04 07:10 AM Re: Oprah Show
sadanddown Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Gaboogistan
Yeah, I watched it too. I thought that maybe she would say something about males as well...but nothing. I started to get some anxiety just thinking about it. It made me really sad. Maybe we could get the MS poem book finished and then all go on the show and present it to her.

Jon

#82848 - 12/18/04 08:17 AM Re: Oprah Show
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
I would be willing. In fact, I have e-mailed her site, suggesting us men be represented.

#82849 - 12/18/04 08:31 AM Re: Oprah Show
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
I have too..maybe if enough of use tell her we are willing she will.

#82850 - 12/18/04 06:28 PM Re: Oprah Show
James_dup1 Offline

OK from my count I see 6 of us that have said so far we would be willing to go and tell our story's. \:D

David,
So far you are the only member of the BoD who has replyed in fact this was your idea (ty btw). Do you know if any of the others would be willing to go as well?

Please go here: http://www.oprah.com/tows/intheworks/tows_works_main.jhtml;jsessionid=53EAJOYUAPYCHLARAYHB3KQ

And tell them about us, that we are willing to tell our stories. Give them the link to the home page and ask them to read for themselves what this place does.

Oh Ken,
They delete any post made on there message boards that has links in them. They have to many to police each link to make sure it's safe. So if you would please email your post to them using the link above. Thanks

Thank's to all who have replied. I felt sick to my stomic when I seen her show and she didnt say one word about the boys out there. Just keep telling anyone who will liston. Like Billy Gilman said "One Voice was Heard"

James

#82851 - 12/18/04 06:50 PM Re: Oprah Show
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
deleted due to duplicate posting sorry

#82852 - 12/18/04 06:52 PM Re: Oprah Show
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
I emailed the show a while back when they were looking for people who were sexually abused.

I sent my story but I never heard back. I guess sexually abused men don't make good reality TV.

I would do it, cause remember, when you use the word cannibal in real conversation, people listen to what you say next.

#82853 - 12/19/04 10:02 AM Re: Oprah Show
sadanddown Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Gaboogistan
I just got done sending them an email too.

Jon

#82854 - 12/21/04 03:10 AM Re: Oprah Show
Michael Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Claremore, Oklahoma
I sent an email and I also would be willing to tell my story.

#82855 - 12/23/04 07:54 PM Re: Oprah Show
Sinking Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Took my ball and went home.
I just sent the following email and would consider appearing on the show:

I am a 42 year old male survivor of childhood sexual abuse. I just learned from http://www.malesurvivor.org that you recently did a show, or shows, about childhood sexual abuse but focused only on females.

Sexual abuse or exploitation of children, regardless of gender, is horrific, both while it's happening and for the duration of the victim's life. Mainstream media does not do enough to address the issue as a whole, but male victims are virtually ignored. While I'm sure this is not deliberate (you too probably need to be educated about the effects that sexual abuse has on male victims) but you are perpetuating the myths and stigmas attached to the sexual victimization of boys. Please take a much needed stand and use your immeasurable influence to bring this issue to its true light. The world needs to be kept constantly aware of the scourge of childhood sexual abuse, but boys should no longer be ignored, by doing so, you are validating the shame already so deeply ingrained in our broken souls. Thank you for your time and consideration.

#82856 - 12/24/04 08:12 PM Re: Oprah Show
James_dup1 Offline

I would ask that you not stop with one email about this. They have to get 1000's of emails a day just because of who she is. Please send more than one. Maybe if we do that it will help grab someones' eye.

Thanks again to everyone who have responded to this.

James

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.