Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
6 registered (HD001, thedudeabides, Obi, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63167 Topics
441715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#82734 - 09/09/04 02:27 PM Nicole Kidman (and the others involved) is an idiot!
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
On my way to therapy, and I have some time, so I'll get this out. Lord knows, it's pissing me off.

Bad enough we have the recording industry, fashion industry, modeling industry, idiot parents, webmasters, and God only knows who else trying to sexualize children in the persuit of the Almighty Dollar, but the movies are once again pushing the boundaries of what's acceptable.

"New York Minute," "13 Going on 30," many others, are allowing commentary that makes viewing children (yeah, yeah, the Olsen twins are legal now, but trust me, they aren't viewed as such by the other half of their fan base!) sexually by adults, if not acceptable, understandable and tolerated. I may be a prude, and unrealistic to boot, but should this really be tolerated by the right-thinking majority?

And then, we have Nicole Kidman's latest "epic," being premiered at the Venice Film Festival.

I heard about this from the Paul Harvey news broadcast. The didn't give the name of the movie, but they said it was about her playing a woman who sees a 10-year-old boy as the reincarnation of her dead lover. Pretty light, fluffy stuff. Hey, they kinda viewed the whole maturity level thing in "Big," right?

Except that apparently there's a scene with the boy in a bath, with Nicole's character in the room, and there are erotic overtones. This infuriates me to no end. Again, males being sexualized by females are being shown as "acceptible."

Except that most of the audience walked out. And when they saw Nicole outside, they booed her for the bad taste of the scene.

Praise God! Praise God there are some standards of decency left!

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#82735 - 09/10/04 12:02 AM Re: Nicole Kidman (and the others involved) is an idiot!
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

OOOOOOOOO, I don't like to hear that. We just saw a really good performance of hers in, "The Human Stain." Absolutely ridiculous title but good movie. Nicole did a really good job. I hate to hear that she's doing something erotic with a kid.
I'm just hoping that they don't do something with that "teacher" Latourneau who had two babies with that kid up in Seattle...making a movie, I mean.
Maybe some of us are going to have to write letters to let them know how offensive and harmful that sorta of thing is.

David

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.