Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
1 registered (don64), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63408 Topics
443326 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#82699 - 08/09/04 08:44 AM John Gibson of Fox News Defends Mary Kay
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
More "Journalists" spew their "opinion"...

John Gibson says "45 year old men have 21 year old Girlfriends why can't Mary Kay have Vili?"

Video Clip: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,128350,00.html

(Unrelated story but look in the right hand column and click on the video clip)

my response sent via email "myword@foxnews.com": Your statements that 40 year old men can have 21 year old girls why can't Mary Kay date Vili is absurd. Mary Kay can have any 21 year old guy she wants EXCEPT for the ones she sexually abused when they were 11.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#82700 - 08/21/04 01:07 AM Re: John Gibson of Fox News Defends Mary Kay
brian-z Offline

Loc: Western USA
\:\( Oh Gawd I know I'm going to take a'lot of crap for this, but enough is enough.

He's 21 years old, the law says he's old enough to make up his own damn mind about what he wants. Survivor or not he has the same rights as anyone else.

And as much as I like the duoble standard going the other way for once, if she was a he and he was a she, nobody would care.

#82701 - 08/24/04 05:35 PM Re: John Gibson of Fox News Defends Mary Kay
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
Oh Gawd I know I'm going to take a'lot of crap for this, but enough is enough.
Maybe so, but surprisingly its not going to be from me. Actually, believe it or not (this is NOT sarcasm), your post got me to thinking.
Your right Vili has the right just like everyone else to date Mary. TECHNICALLY. However I happen to think that Vili is very much confused and severly in denial about what happened when he was 11-12. So I guess the Judge was right, since Vili is legally an adult and therefore has rights, she is bound by law to lift the order.

However in the interests of their current children, I would hope that the courts would not allow Vili and Mary custody of them if they do get together. Vili definately does not have the emotional maturity to raise kids and Mary is a convicted sex offender. The kids are being raised by their grandparents and I think thats the way it should stay.

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#82703 - 08/24/04 11:25 PM Re: John Gibson of Fox News Defends Mary Kay
brian-z Offline

I'm not saying that it wouldn’t be a’lot healthier for him to not have contact. I am saying he’s 21 and for good or ill it’s his choice to make. No one knows what the outcome will be, and we may need to prepare ourselves for the fact that he may be very happy in this relationship.

I can’t believe I'm going to say this, but I’ve been thinking it for years. If Vili isn’t calling himself a victim then neither should we. If he doesn’t believe he was abused, then he needs to be taken at his word. If what’s her name had not gotten pregnant, and he came forword today and said my teacher abused me. People (on this site) would be up in arms screaming for her head and demanding that he be believed even if there was not one shred of proof. Well he’s coming forward and saying I wasn’t abused, I think he deserves the same ‘right’ to be believed.

#82704 - 08/26/04 07:47 AM Re: John Gibson of Fox News Defends Mary Kay
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

>>I can’t believe I'm going to say this, but I’ve been thinking it for years. If Vili isn’t calling himself a victim then neither should we.

The problem with that is that, many victims turn out to be in denial. In this situation there are many reasons for Vili to be in denial.

#1. Men aren't victims. If he is a victim of a women no less he is not a real man.

#2. Society says boy with older women, its not abuse he is lucky to be gettin some at a young age.

#3. He still loves her..Mary wouldn't hurt me she loves me.

#4. Can't be abuse, I liked it, I even inititated it sometimes.

and I'm sure that theres plenty that I'm missing. Besides the fact that I'm sure theres many things he's repressed from his memory. I know my memory of the abuse isn't complete

Jason

#82705 - 08/26/04 11:55 AM Re: John Gibson of Fox News Defends Mary Kay
brian-z Offline

Every thing you have to say is true and each piont you make is valid. But it all comes down to choice, and it's his choice to make.

#82706 - 08/26/04 12:29 PM Re: John Gibson of Fox News Defends Mary Kay
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
I agree with Brian on the question of choice, and with Jason on the question of how freely Vili is choosing. And there's no way that she, an unrepentant pedophile, should be allowed custody of children.

I can't see how it wasn't abuse, but I know how much I hate someone doing "what they know is best for me." In fact, that feels like abuse to me. Trying to stop this guy from making his own choices seems too damn familiar. He has the right to travel in his own handbasket.

If he should ever request help in keeping her away from him, he should get it. But trying to keep them apart now, against their expressed wishes, wouldn't sit well with me at all.

'Course, WTH do I know?

Thanks,

Joe

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.