Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
11 registered (86, ethereo222, Obi, Cthulhu, 4 invisible), 21 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442136 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#82681 - 08/06/04 04:26 PM Mary Kay Letourenau allowed to see victim *May Contain Triggers*
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
This story sickens me, the fact that a judge would allow a covicted child molester to see her victim. Sure the victim doesn't object and actually wants to see the perp but this kid was 12 at the time. He is likely very confused and is still in denial. The fact that the County Prosecutor and the State DOC didn't object is truly outrageous. I guess everyone still views this kid as "lucky".

Jason

From Foxnews.com

Judge OKs Contact for Letourneau, Ex-Student
Friday, August 06, 2004

•Ex-Lover Wants Contact With Letourneau
GIG HARBOR, Wash. — After spending seven years behind bars, Mary Kay Letourneau (search) will legally be allowed to see her former student who was convicted of having sex with.

A judge on Friday approved the motion lifting the no-contact order between Letourneau and Vili Fualaau, with whom she had two children.

A spokesman for the King County prosecutor's office said it did not object to the motion and neither did the state Department of Corrections. The order was signed Friday morning by King County Superior Court Judge Linda Lau (search).

Lau was the same judge who sentenced Letourneau to seven years in prison for having sex with her sixth-grade student.

Letourneau was released Wednesday after completing a seven-year term. She's staying with friends at a home in Boulevard Park south of Seattle.

Fualaau was in New York to appear on NBC's the "Today" show. He said he's looking forward to getting together with Letourneau and their children to see if they can have a life together.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#82682 - 08/07/04 03:18 AM Re: Mary Kay Letourenau allowed to see victim *May Contain Triggers*
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Yes, he is still the 12 or 13 year old kid who 'scored' with teacher. Make me puke.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#82684 - 08/07/04 09:33 PM Re: Mary Kay Letourenau allowed to see victim *May Contain Triggers*
Aden Offline

She did 7 years in prison, which is about 40 too few. Had she been locked up for the proper term, the boy wouldn't have to concern himself about seeing her again.

Watching the news as this episode is playing out has helped me to understand just how very little our society really understands what sexual abuse is able to do to a boys mind. It is sad.

With proper education and 100 years for it to sink in, social perceptions might change.

Aden

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.