Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
6 registered (Healing8, Jim1961, jq19712, Scott1962, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63561 Topics
444091 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#82411 - 02/24/04 03:44 PM haven't been able
Brayton Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis
Since I posted my last poem here I haven't been able to write anything more or really do any other creative work. I think I dread what might come up.

That poem had to do with extremely vague memories of my father doing things that absolutely never occurred to me before.

I am really struggling--want to write or make pictures or something but am frozen in place.

Fellow poets, what can I do?

Brett

#82412 - 02/24/04 06:18 PM Re: haven't been able
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Brett,

Hoo boy, this is hard. On the one hand, I've literally poured out my heart and emptied my head here, and it felt good. It feels good to let the bad stuff out as well as the good.

On the other hand, it brings the pictures back on a clearer, more brutal level. It sometimes feels like revictimization ("You promised," "Too Old," etc.). But it has helped me deal with it on MY terms. I control the imagery and how I use it, not the other way around.

Lord, it can be the hardest thing in the world to deal with hard memories, and I don't know if it will help YOU deal or not, but remember, if you're dealing with it on YOUR terms, you're taking control back, too.

I hope this helps, my friend. I enjoy reading what you have to say.

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#82413 - 02/28/04 09:18 PM Re: haven't been able
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Brett - poets need pen and paper, some days they can write & others they cannot.

Write when you have inspiration - I am in a very silent place at present and will return to writing poems when I know the time is right.

Some days you will think that you write too much....some days not enough...the fact that you can write at all shows your human touch.

Best wishes ...Rik

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.