Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
1 registered (don64), 76 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62517 Topics
438110 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#82353 - 03/19/06 05:23 AM Skewed Thinking?
Bobby Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona
There is a very small difference between
Feeling sorry for myself for being something less, something inferior, something not quite okay
and
Hating myself for being something less, something inferior, something not quite okay
and
Being afraid that I might be something less, something inferior, something not quite okay
and
Being sure that I'm something less, something inferior, something not quite okay
and
Hoping that I'm not something less, something inferior, something not quite okay
and
Praying to God that I'm not something less, something inferior, something not quite okay
and
Asking why I had to be something less, something inferior, something not quite okay
and
Wanting to destroy myself for being something less, something inferior, someting not okay
and
Being filled with rage because I'm something less, something inferior, something not quite okay
and
Finally feeling that I just might not be something less, something inferior, something not quite okay,
and
Begging someone to accept me, even though I'm something less, something inferior, something not quite okay
and
well
it goes
on
and
on
probably
because
I'm probably
Well, maybe
Something less, something inferior, something not quite okay.

Do you think there's hope for me?
Probably not, because................

#82354 - 03/19/06 06:03 AM Re: Skewed Thinking?
kniob Offline

Loc: NC, USA
Bobby,
I think that we have all felt like that and at times I still do. You are not alone in your pain.

Hang in there.

Forgive yourself.

#82355 - 03/19/06 01:56 PM Re: Skewed Thinking?
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Bobby,

Your poem doesn't show skewed thinking, it vividly illustrates why we need to look INTO our feelings, acknowledge them and discover what is causing us to feel this way.

Otherwise we are like a pot that's boiling over. Until we recognize that we have to turn off the heat and find out where the switch is, the mess will just continue.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#82356 - 03/21/06 03:48 AM Re: Skewed Thinking?
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ogden Utah, USA
( ( ( ( ( (((((Bobby))))) ) ) ) ) )

derdle

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.