Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, Bardo), 32 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63646 Topics
444507 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#82262 - 12/30/03 06:00 PM waiting
unknownsoldier Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northwest
how long is it going to take
this time
each time I wait through it
no feelings
too much feeling
how many seconds
until he gets off

now I can't stand
to wait
I won't wait for late friends
I won't wait for a bus
I have to walk away from that feeling
of time slowed
long long seconds
of waiting for the next thing
is it over
or is it something worse

#82263 - 12/31/03 11:33 AM Re: waiting
Brayton Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis
We have to some degree different experiences but I think you've captured the powerlessness perfectly, certainly from my perspective you have.

I get nauseous every time I even start remembering again. I just want it all to be over.

#82264 - 12/31/03 01:41 PM Re: waiting
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Remembering is tough. I used to try to force myself, and feel a physical reaction to the effort. I learned the hard way to stop that.

Now I flat out tell my T, "I don't want to remember." She points out that somewhere inside me someone does remember. Some obscured images and sensations are coming back now, slowly, and with more fear than I think I can handle.

I don't know when it's going to end. I've met survivors who have been working for years, and I get the impression that in a sense, it never ends. We just get stronger and stronger being honest with ourselves over enough time. To see a roomful of sexual abuse survivors having fun was one of the most powerful experiences of my life, not least because I was included.

Thanks,

Joe

#82265 - 12/31/03 07:39 PM Re: waiting
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Really powerful poem and responses. Some of us have been in therapy for decades--we just didn't know what the real problem was. Once we make a connect of the event to the effects of the event--things begin to move along. There surely are days that are horrific now and then. But eventually we have more good days than bad, and the recalls are not quite as powerful.

I am not sure that I am over all the recalls. But if and when they come I will know how to scream for help to the appropriate people--and that includes the men here.

Much, much peace to us all.

Bob

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.