Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
2 registered (wdmkr, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441317 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#82237 - 12/19/03 01:38 PM there he stands
Brayton Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis
(Okay, so Brett needs to get a life away from MS. I will be busy with other things for most of the next couple of weeks so here is today's thought on what it is to feel isolated and alone in spite of all the progress towards recovery made. Relationships are hard. One voice tells me I am not likeable. Another tells me I shouldn't even consider such things.)

there are none here
all space within as
empty cool and dark
as nothing

he peers out to see
where split rock parts
fog and lifts to press
against the sky

this is the place where
mind and body pull
apart and time again
begins

Brett

#82238 - 12/23/03 09:34 PM Re: there he stands
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Brett, inside you is a lot of light and goodness. It always impresses me that as human we have the ability to self determine ourselves.

Along the way, we were harmed and confused, perhaps made to feel helpless and hopeless. but the truth remains that we can determine who and what we want to be.

It must bug our abusers to see us able to function at all, much less so well as to write poetry, sive and receive support, and live without their pereveerted hands on us.

You do well Brett. There may sometimes seem to be a void in you--but that is a false report of our minds and feelings. Inside you is light, hope, courage, love, generosity, art, beauty etc. Lots of good stuff that shoves the darkness out of us completely.

Bob

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.