Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
5 registered (NeverGiveUp23, dan_in_newengland, 3 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63358 Topics
443033 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#81623 - 11/12/05 11:25 PM Worthless (triggers)
Bobby Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona
The child is gone
Don't look for him here
He left
They pushed him out
He looked back once with big sad eyes
To make sure there was nothing here
No one with arms out-stretched
No one to say "Don't go. We love you here."
He stood awhile, where the road diappeared into the darkness
Waiting
But no one came to beg him back.
And so he left.
He cried until, when turning back, he could no longer see his home.
And then he cried no more.
The feeling part of life for him was done.

#81624 - 11/12/05 11:32 PM Re: Worthless (triggers)
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Bobby,

Quote:
He cried until, when turning back, he could no longer see his home.
And then he cried no more.
The feeling part of life for him was done.
This is Little Bobby, and I am so sorry he had to see this happen. But the Big Bobby we know here is a LONG way from being done with feeling. If your safe circle can't be that of your family, so be it. You are a loving and strong man. Rediscover your own new safe cirle among your friends and others who care about you. Dare to admit that they exist - you will not be disappointed bro. You can bring Little Bobby to a new safe circle; he just wants you to tell him this can happen. He's scared and sure, so are you. Be strong for him, and let us help you.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#81625 - 11/13/05 12:00 AM Re: Worthless (triggers)
Bobby Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona
Thank you, Larry. All of you are so much a part of this. I don't know where that poem came from...just sort of out of nowhere. It's amazing how my concept of who I am and who I was is changing. I really am that guy in the puzzle, and I really don't know what I look like.

Bobby

#81626 - 11/13/05 12:18 AM Re: Worthless (triggers)
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Bobby,

Quote:
I really am that guy in the puzzle, and I really don't know what I look like.
Because the puzzle isn't put all together yet. But take it easy on yourself. You will get there!

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#81627 - 11/13/05 12:48 AM Re: Worthless (triggers)
Sinking Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Took my ball and went home.
We all should have a mirror that reflects what others see in us.

Bobby, and Larry, please take this phrase to heart. You both are at the brink of something big and both of you are hitting similar road blocks that are making it difficult to see who you are and where you're headed.

Go to other posts, read what I and others are telling you. These are true sentiments. You are both cared for deeply here and, I have no doubt, in the real world too.

I wrote that phrase as a lyric to a song shortly after I asked my mother-in-law to put down on paper what she meant by the changes she sees in me. She frequently told me that she sees so much change but didn't articulate more than that. When I asked her to do so she struggled with putting it into words, but the words she found were not only moving to me, they were revealing, revealing me.

If you step back and allow yourselves to listen to the good things others say about you, and I know this is difficult, you will each see a fine, caring, loving, hurting man who is cared for. You might also be able to see the support around you, in front of you, behind you, that has, so far, eluded you. Try to learn to believe the good things people are saying about you, they're true. And when you can take them into your hearts, you'll begin to see who you truly are.
With Peace and Love - John

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.