Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (forgive777, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63805 Topics
445547 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#81521 - 08/08/03 05:00 PM Just Now
Redsongbird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Just now at this one moment I would like to feel like a man.

Others ask and walk about as they can.

Me. no, I am not one of them.

Why? because I was tossed about as a piece of trash. From one to another to complete their wholeness.

Just now I would like to feel normal. But what is normal? I mock normal. I pretend normal but inside I'm empty.

Just now, I think what am I even trying to say? See nothing comes out right in me....nothing seems to stay.

Tobey

Just

#81522 - 08/08/03 05:49 PM Re: Just Now
Green Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC, NY
Thanks Tobey! I find your poem very helpful and clearly written. I am going to keep a copy of it.

Green

#81523 - 08/08/03 08:26 PM Re: Just Now
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Tobey,

My sentiments exactly.

Bill

#81524 - 08/08/03 09:30 PM Re: Just Now
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Tobey,

When I first saw this it took me a while to figure out what I was seeing of myself. I think I have it now.

Sometime recently I posted a casual reference to myself as a man here somewhere. When I saw my post, it occurred to me that I had never before referred to myself as a "man" so casually like that. It was always a deliberate thing, and I felt like I was fraudulently claiming that title. I read recovery books that say, "How do you define yourself as a man?" or "What does being a man mean to you?" and I realize that they're not applicable.

Until just now.

Thanks,

Joe

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.