Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63431 Topics
443429 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#81473 - 11/09/03 04:15 PM Re: Possible trigger - Don't know why I'm doing this
Thomas Offline

Loc: boise
I followed the link from the post about words. My God! I must have read this poem a dozen times and I still cry. I find myself in a very strange place when I read it. I am two people; I am the little boy. You don't say how old the boy is; it's easy for me to see myself at the age of two when the rapes began. I am also an observer looking into the apartment from the snow outside. This observer is not raging or vowing vengeance. The observer has great compassion for the little boy and wants to protect him and hold him close. Strange. Take it for what it's worth.

Words do indeed have a deep and primal power. Thank you for writing and posting it.

Tom

#81474 - 11/13/03 09:53 AM Re: Possible trigger - Don't know why I'm doing this
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Tom,

I hope that the tears were helpful to you. I know it seems that they would be worse than the abuse itself, at least to me.

I don't feel emotionally invested in this. It's a simple de>

#81475 - 11/13/03 06:36 PM Re: Possible trigger - Don't know why I'm doing this
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Joe,

God, there are no words.

Nothing I can say.

Keep writing.

Peace and love, brother.

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#81476 - 11/14/03 11:54 AM Re: Possible trigger - Don't know why I'm doing this
Brayton Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis
A very, very good poem. I touches me deeply. Thanks.

Brett

#81477 - 01/21/04 07:00 PM Re: Possible trigger - Don't know why I'm doing this
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
As I am sitting here looking out the window watching the snowflakes fall, this poem comes back to me.

#81478 - 01/25/04 11:30 PM Re: Possible trigger - Don't know why I'm doing this
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

It's coming back to me now, too.

I wish it wouldn't.

#81479 - 04/27/04 09:17 PM Re: Possible trigger - Don't know why I'm doing this
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Sorry Joe,

Last night I was sitting looking out the window watching the snow fall in the street lights. This poem came to mind, I almost pulled it up top, but cancelled before did. Then when I woke up this morning and looked out the window and watched the snow fall some more. I also on the verge of hitting the Add Reply button, but descided I should just go out and brush the snow off the van, so I could to work. All day long as the snow was falling, watching the flakes drift on down, I kept thinking of this poem. All those snowflakes drifting. This gives me a new look a those delicate crystals of ice - all so different, but somehow the same.

Bill

#81480 - 04/28/04 09:23 AM Re: Possible trigger - Don't know why I'm doing this
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Bill,

I'm glad it does something for you. I still think of it from time to time, too. Someday soon I hope to be writing about better memories, at least for myself if not up here. Just need to train my mind to think differently, I guess.

Thanks,

Joe

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.