Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
2 registered (WriterKeith, 1 invisible), 50 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63114 Topics
441377 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#81429 - 10/22/05 03:09 AM Rant on God. *Offensive, Vulgar, & Triggers*
ftgf Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA

#81430 - 10/22/05 03:13 AM Re: Rant on God. *Offensive, Vulgar, & Triggers*
Yves Offline

Loc: Canada

Did you ever stop to think He may have saved from something much, much worse?

#81431 - 10/22/05 03:28 AM Re: Rant on God. *Offensive, Vulgar, & Triggers*
ftgf Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm sorry if my rant offended you, but it doesn't make my feelings any less valid.

I thought the point of this was to express ourselves, even our rage.

I have deleted the post as you request.

In answer to your question. No, I did not ever think that he may have saved me from anyting much, much worse.

I can't think of anything much, much worse.

#81432 - 10/22/05 03:34 AM Re: Rant on God. *Offensive, Vulgar, & Triggers*
Yves Offline

There is *always* worse.

#81433 - 10/22/05 03:38 AM Re: Rant on God. *Offensive, Vulgar, & Triggers*
ftgf Offline
MaleSurvivor

Not my point. But don't sweat it.
Peace.

#81434 - 10/22/05 05:39 AM Re: Rant on God. *Offensive, Vulgar, & Triggers*
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

ftgf.

I think that I'd be remiss if I didn't say that you have a right to say what you want to say here.
I think that you demonstrate constraint and concern for others, and probably more maturity than I have, in editing your poem.

I happen to be from the school of, "Letting it all hang out," but not if it really offends someone else.

Yves, would you feel the same way if ftgf posted this in the unmoderated area?

David

#81435 - 10/22/05 06:43 AM Re: Rant on God. *Offensive, Vulgar, & Triggers*
ftgf Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well, it was very, very offensive. It was meant to be.

I'm not sure on the guidelines for posting, so I took it off. I have seen other poems posted here that conveyed rage toward God. I would like a ruling on it for future reference.

Are we to edit ourselves in the poetry forum, so as not to offend the faithful? I can accept that, if that be the case. Maybe the unmoderated forum would have been a more appropriate place to post.

I make no argument that is wasn't offensve. I was trying to be as offensive to God as I could, in the poem.

Not a big deal to me to take it off. I wrote it, that's the important thing. It felt good to vent. I'm sure God has already forgiven me.

Yves deleted his rather condescending comments to me, so I let it go, too.

My argument isn't with him. It is with my God.I can have it in private.

#81436 - 10/22/05 01:47 PM Re: Rant on God. *Offensive, Vulgar, & Triggers*
Sinking Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Took my ball and went home.
ftgf - You are very kind to have censored yourself in the interest of someone else. Personally, I am offended that you were requested to do so.

I have a lot of issues with 'god' too, with a god that allows children to suffer from hunger or poverty or abuse. You have every right to post your feelings here.

And then you were treated to condescending words from Yves...I guess because Yves loves god? And the god Yves loves would condone this treatment of a man in pain? A man suffering from what he allowed to happen? Not all of Yves' condescending words were deleted. We all know there's worse Yves, but it doesn't always feel that way, does it?

ftgf, I'd like it if you'd re-post your poem even though I too may find it vulgar and offensive. Would Yves have been so offended if your rant was directed at your abuser? Wasn't it god who gave your abuser the 'free will' to enact the abuse? I could go on but I'm starting to feel ill - John

#81437 - 10/22/05 01:59 PM Re: Rant on God. *Offensive, Vulgar, & Triggers*
Yves Offline

Maybe it would help things if I explained why I was offended.

Ftgt I can understand your rage, your upset, and your hatred of the power you believe has caused bad things to happen to you in your life; I donít deny or find offense in that Ė that is between you and Him. What offended me was the reference to any form of SA towards a holy deity.

There are certain, and sadly few, precious things in this life Ė the cry of a newborn baby, the laughter of children at play, the kiss of a grandmother, the embrace of someone you love. Add in for me, and millions of others, the love and grace and forgiveness of our Lord and God. I myself believe that although I may live in certain purgatory now, I will be given the wings of an eagle when comes the time He finds me worthy to bear them. I believe precious things need the protection of all.

Having said this, I would summarize by saying I would feel as strongly if you had said something similar about desecrating a child, or an elderly person, or someoneís beloved wife.

Rage toward a higher power is fine. Talking and posting about it is fine -- threatening or stating that you wish to do the horrific things that happened to you to someone else is not fine.

Yes, I would have been as upset if it had been posted in the Unmoderated Forum because of the nature of the offense.

Jeff, I have to say that Iím proud of you for deleting what you posted Ė Iím not entirely sure I could have done the same without a fight; thank you for this.

~Yves

#81438 - 10/22/05 04:01 PM Re: Rant on God. *Offensive, Vulgar, & Triggers*
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
FTGF and others,

The fact that, in moment of anger or rage, even at a "higher power," we feel the need to self-edit, somewhat invalidates the feelings of the individual who posted their work.

Poetry, as are other forms of art, are a means of expression. Being angry, ranting at God, even to the point of what one would consider desecration, isn't wrong. It's what the person feels. There was ample warning in the subject line that it was triggering and possibly offensive. This should be considered properly flagged, and you read it because you WANTED to read it. The feelings you got from it as a result of reasing it are your own consequence.

There have been times that I wanted to kill, hurt, torture, etc., my offender, even though I've never posted these feelings publically. It doesn't mean I've never had them, that they weren't valid, or that I'd act on them. I've been mighty pissed at God too, and I've said vulger and angry things to His face, and just because I've said them to Him, not here, that doesn't mean that they, too, weren't valid, truthful, or taken anything away from the fact I recognize Him for what He is. Or that I love Him still. That's the cool thing about God. He understands EVERYTHING.

Yves, he wasn't slamming God. He was making a point from his point of view. I'm sorry if this bothered you, but he wasn't desecrating God. He was angry with Him and was expressing his feelings at the time. Haven't we all been angry with God, or other people, and said hateful things that were true to how we felt? Does that make them hurtful? Yes. Does that make them wrong to express? No. I sometimes wish there were always gentle ways of expressing pain and anger, but there isn't.

I understand how you feel, but it doesn't change the fact that you, without meaning to, I'm sure, devalued how he felt.

God's a big boy. He can take criticism. He can take outright sacraledge. If He could take the Holocaust, or the constant bloodletting that still goes on in His name, without wiping whole cities off the map like Sodom and Gamorra, He can take anything.

We have to accept that forms of expression sometimes, MOST of tht time, aren't necessarily pretty. I don't believe in censoring anything. I also believe God Himself feels the same way about Sacredness as Abbie Hoffman did. Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger.

I feel free to write how I feel, damn the consequences. That may be selfish, but I've been swallowing my pain for too damn long. Ain't NOBODY gonna make me shut up now.

Everyone else should feel the same way.

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.