Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closure (24), esp22 (40)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63239 Topics
442217 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#81412 - 07/04/03 10:04 PM What do you think????
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Hi guys,

This is what I use to end my emails with at work. It is my sig file and a friend of mine said that was the sadest thing I have eveyr sent him. What do you guys this is this a sad poem or better yet a writing?

Since their is no point to life why am I here at work?
What if in the end we die and start all over again?
If we keep starting over in this pointless world,
does that mean that all is pointless?

#81413 - 07/04/03 11:51 PM Re: What do you think????
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Nathan, to me it sounds like the person, you I guess, are feeling hopeless.

Starting over again can be wonderful, put not if it is all pointless.

I can see what you friend is saying.

I think you are in a better place than the poem would indicate.

Bob

#81414 - 07/05/03 01:59 PM Re: What do you think????
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Nathan,
I like to know your answer to your question. Do you think it's a sad poem or better yet a writing. The thing I've seen about poem's is that people make it what they are feeling, lot's like art. Some see a canvis with a blue dot and are willing to pay millions, other see a canvis with a blue dot and wonder what the artist was thinking when he did itd. I think it asks a very good question. If we do just keep starting over again then is life really pointless? Or is the point to start over and keep living? I hope more reply to this tread I would like to see what others think.
James

#81415 - 07/05/03 03:47 PM Re: What do you think????
Wifey1 Offline

Nathan,
HI - me Sammy buttin in here again!
I happen to like your "sig file" (is that like an auto signature line? prolly i get confused)
the reason I personally Like it is because for me, I see it as Thought Provoking for my own personal life. I apply that to ME, not just to you.
I want to share a little short back ground with you, and am sure I will repeat myself so pls forgive If I do..
I have been livng with diagnosed heart disease for close to 5 yrs now. I have questioned for myself "what happens after I pass this life?" far too many times to count. I have experienced what I believe others call a "near death experience".

I think I like the first line of your piece the best and how it is summed up with "why am i here at work". and knowing that you use this while you are at your job it seems most appropriate to me.

It probably seems to end sad on the first front to me, then I think about my personal experiences since I have been ill. I think about how in my life my view has changed all around me. When I first became ill all I could think of was what I was losing with this life, not that I thot of losing the pain of the disease, but rather the loss of JOY that I have experienced in this life. I was so angry I made my life and those surrounding me as miserable as I could. Pity party for me, oh yea!
At first Nathan I was so P.O.'d I could not work a "job" it ate at my very soul. Now all these yrs later, I have had time pass enough to see that that "job" simply was a way to pass time in this life, and blinded me from what I see now as an "extra sight". (i'm babbling trying to explain this pls be patient).
I'm sure you've heard that line "stop & smell the roses" well I see it farther than that, for me its, "appreciate all that God surrounds me with".
My personal opinion is that in the "end" we do start over again, but we get to re-do the life in a different "level" & different manner, chances to not make the same mistakes, repair what we've damaged, and be loved and love with a "clean slate".
Pointless? -- only at times ok, harsh truth OFTEN life feels pointless, now & in my past and maybe after I leave this life it will feel that way again at times.
Your writing Dear Nathan has stimulated my thought process and HELPED ME to really slow down some and THINK , and Dear Nathan, I am still trying to think if I could truly put into simple words how deep your words really are...
I appreciate your writing and it has been GOOD for me.
simple answers, yes it is writing, it is a poem and it is art -- it is an expression and a window into a Beautiful YOU.
Peace, Sammy

#81416 - 07/05/03 06:30 PM Re: What do you think????
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Sammy, that is a beautiful reflection. Thanks, you are inspiring.

Bob

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.