Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (86, 3 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63236 Topics
442192 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#81176 - 03/07/03 03:08 AM Sorry about the poems
InjunE Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Basically, I can only write when I am drinking. It seems to be the only time I can think about my past and all that happened. It is the only way I have of dealing with it at the moment.

#81177 - 03/07/03 02:16 PM Re: Sorry about the poems
Cement Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern California
Don't EVER feel bad for expressing yourself...

I hope you can find a way to continue to write without self-medicating. If it is in there to come out when you are drinking, it is in there to come out when you are sober as well.

I wish you all the best, and thank you for the poems.

#81178 - 03/07/03 04:43 PM Re: Sorry about the poems
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
InjunE, thanks for sharing those poems from your heart, whether under the influence or not. I would love to see what you can write without the booze tho.

While your poems may have been triggering in some ways, I appreciate the sincerity behind them, and somewhat understand some of the feelings behind them.

Take care

Victor

#81179 - 03/11/03 04:39 AM Re: Sorry about the poems
InjunE Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I just wanted to say thanks. I would say you have no idea what it means to me, but I'm sure you do. I just needed to know someone understood what I felt, maybe even felt the same way. Maybe I nede a therapist or ssomething, maybe I don't, I don't know. But thanks for your responses, it really helps me personally, knowing that their are others out there like me.

#81180 - 03/11/03 12:03 PM Re: Sorry about the poems
guy43 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
InjuneE

I can relate to and understand your poems so much. You're not alone. Your story is similar to mine in some ways... I'm a victum of incest as well.

Your poems are so powerful to me. Even if written under the influence they have meaning and express your truths. I surely understand using alcohol as a way to get in touch with the wounded boy inside.

Just know that alcohol or drug addiction is a one way journey toward a meaningless death, but it can be overcome. I have and I'm clean and sober 18 or months now, with no desire to take any mind altering drug.

Thoughts of revenge are sweet. Taking actual physical revenge makes the abusing bastards the winner in the end, so don't do it. Thinking it is ok.

You are so fortunate to have a family and sons to protect. Watch them grow and let them heal YOU as you reveal in their innocence and experiences of life. Little birds need to learn to fly. You can teach them all they need to know. But sooner or later they'll need the freedom to fly alone. You and they are eagles.

jer

#81181 - 03/12/03 10:48 AM Re: Sorry about the poems
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
InjunE, thanks for being here and for your poetry.
Yes, a therapist would probably be a great idea if you can find a good one. Take care--of yourself.

Victor

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.