Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
5 registered (pete1973, Obi, Austintexan, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63126 Topics
441437 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#81074 - 02/07/03 03:34 PM something I need
nethos_1 Offline

Loc: colorado
\:\( Almost died last night.... hypothermia..... had to write something for one of my therapist so I'm sharing it here too..... something that I don't have.... safety.... please help me.... pray!

A safe place, thee comfort zone,

The feeling you get when you're really home,

That warmth in a hug or finally knowing when you're really known,

Growing no secrets loved just as shown,

No pain no more stress always protected,

No hint of the action of being neglected,

Everything's corrected all the monsters are gone,

The light is on and I'm truly where I belong,

Safe,

Allowed just a taste of ease,

Becoming atleast half of what I use to be,

Blinded only to the emotion of fear thankful that it's unseen,

Always surrounded when playing in dreams,

Everyone loves and they're all on my team,

The water is flowing in tranquil smooth streams,

I can feel the breeze come like it's straight from the sun,

No one is threatening and peace fills my lungs,

Finally able to breath without watching my back,

No possible way of getting attacked,

The perimeter of me is finally secure by the strength of all called,

All that's inside can finally be safe above all.

\:\(

#81075 - 02/11/03 10:22 PM Re: something I need
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
My dear friend,

stay warm

stay alive

I love you!!!

STAY WARM FRIEND

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#81076 - 02/16/03 03:41 PM Re: something I need
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
nethos_1,

I am grateful that you did not freeze. Go to a safe, warm place on these cold days and nights.

Your poem is very eloquent. You have an amazing de>

#81077 - 02/17/03 03:06 PM Re: something I need
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
Beautiful writing nethos_1,

Take care of yourself and consult with your physician about possible long term effects of your hypothermia.
I went through Hypothermia in Korea in 1984 and thought I was Okay. Until I had heat exhaustion three times in 1989. I got through the war in Kuwait by drinking lots and lots of water. I drink 2 or 3 52 oz. mugs of water per day in summer. I can't do any aerobic excersize now unless I'm in a pool or hop into a cold shower often. It sounds like a good way not to have to mow the lawn but this is real life and it is not funny.
I know you, like all of us, have worse crap that you are dealing with right now, but take care of this because it will return to haunt you when you get older if it was severe enough.
And I can't type to save my soul.

#81078 - 02/17/03 08:40 PM Re: something I need
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Edwin, thank you sincerely for serving in Korea and the gulf. We owe you and the others a great deal.

Your point about heat and cold are very timely given the death today of a young pro baseball player who got to hot and everything just shut down. You are right, this is not a laughing matter.

I bet your wife can do a fine job mowing the lawn!!!!

Bob

#81079 - 02/18/03 03:39 PM Re: something I need
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by TheDean:
Edwin, thank you sincerely for serving in Korea and the gulf. We owe you and the others a great deal.

Your point about heat and cold are very timely given the death today of a young pro baseball player who got to hot and everything just shut down. You are right, this is not a laughing matter.

I bet your wife can do a fine job mowing the lawn!!!!

Bob
Actually, I think I didn't really care if I died. so I don't think anyone really owes me much of anything.

#81080 - 02/18/03 06:57 PM Re: something I need
Wifey1 Offline

Mr Edd ~

"Actually, I think I didn't really care if I died. so I don't think anyone really owes me much of anything."

I'm in tears for you, me and so many of us who have struggled the monstrous door of not caring if we die.
Speaking from my military wife side and oweing ... oh but those who serve for our Freedoms Are owed.
Because of those who have served and are serving I and others have: Freedom of speech, Freedom of Expression, Freedom to protest, Freedom to access help when needed, Freedom of CHOICE in our lives. Freedom to procreate or not, Freedom to travel from one house to another, from one state to another from one country to another. Freedom to LEARN to READ our Constitution. Freedom to walk out our doors of our homes, Freedom to choose to work, Freedom to choose a job, ....
in my not so honest and very biased opinion I OWE and pay my debt of owing by taking myself or finding a ride to the polls to vote, I let my elected officials KNOW with my FREEDOM of SPEECH, that many many service persons have served a duty for ME to CONTINUE to have FREEDOMS.

Your service has not gone unappreciated by THIS person. AND MANY OF MY neighbors, friends and acquaintances we HONOR YOUR SERVICES> AND WE DO CARE IF YOU LIVED OR DIED!!

i know the temptation of not caring, i know the feeling of praying for death, -- it is a horrific sadness cloaked by feeling alone also...

i think George Carlin said this: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

in my experience it is the moments that take our breath away that feel the farthest apart, yet close the gap of all the other breaths i have taken when I get them.
WE ALL MATTER to someone at sometime in our lives even when we dont even know it.
Warmest Regards, Wifey1

#81081 - 02/18/03 09:30 PM Re: something I need
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Ah, yes Edwin. You were too close to the wretched abuse then. But today, I hope you do care and that you want to live and will work as hard as you can to make that happen. Maybe that way you will get to go pee on the grave of your tormentor/s

Edwin, you put yourself on the line and you survived. Now, survive some more and frustrate all who would wish you ill.

Bob

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.