Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
2 registered (JW1230, 1 invisible), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63565 Topics
444123 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#80569 - 06/01/05 11:35 AM deleted
Charlie Offline
MaleSurvivor

#80570 - 06/02/05 12:32 PM Re: deleted
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Hi Charlie,

This is a painful poem and a tough one to read. I don't have the answers for you.

But what your poem also says is that you are 14 and have a right to these answers. You have the right to be a kid and to be loved and protected. You have the right to need love and protection. It isn't your job to be strong and tough and all the rest of it.

I don't know if this helps, but being able to say that is already a step in the right direction. When so many of the important things in our lives are going wrong, it is easy to lose our sense of where we really are. Loneliness makes us feel unloved and unloveable, vulnerability and fear makes us lose sight of our strengths. But we can admit the one without denying the other.

Recovery is often compared to a rollercoaster. I sometimes find it more helpful to think of it as a train ride to a place where I know I want to be, but a ride that gets rough and passes through some very scary stations along the way. When the ride is very rough it is tempting to get off at one of those stations even though I know it's a bad place and not where I want to go. At such times I try to tell myself I didn't get on the train in the first place just to end in this shithole. I need to carry on, and I'm doing it for me. All for me. This is what I deserve.

Hang in there,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.