Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
1 registered (atari_kid86), 69 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62517 Topics
438110 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#80458 - 03/23/02 12:54 PM Question guys
Jim C. Offline

Loc: New Mexico
I am the Jim C. in the poetry section under survivors--some poetry shared with MALE and Fred a long time ago. I hae more poetry as well. I was wondering if I should move mine over here and am thinking about adding more here. My poetry is dark...

Jim C.
Hisatsinom

#80459 - 03/24/02 11:46 AM Re: Question guys
Lightfang Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Jim, I feel if you would like to share your poetry from the old site on the forum, you should. We are all survivors and to me that means we all have a past that we are dealing with. If you tend to write more during the darker times, that is up to you. I don't write poetry for others just myself. I share with others hoping they can have a better understanding of me or maybe it will help them through a difficult time. This forum is here for us to do that. So share what you feel you would like.

Geo.

#80460 - 03/24/02 02:42 PM Re: Question guys
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
that is what I am doing slowly, one at a time
dark is ok

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#80461 - 03/25/02 06:39 PM Re: Question guys
Jim C. Offline

Loc: New Mexico
LightFang-- I used to think my poetry was written just for me, but I now realize I wrote poetry mainly when I didn't know how to communicate what I was going through to another person. My poetry than becomes a bridge so that I can open a door to discussion or answer questions without the awkwardness. This is actually some of my lighter poetry. Most of my darker ones, I would not put up because they themselves can act as triggers. In rereading many of my poems, even ones from before I really had memory of the events that happened in my life, I see that they were written in ways that they could be related to my abuse issues. If you like the three I transferred I'll put up a couple more and let you read them and judge how they apply or don't apply to yours or other's journeys. The funny thing is, these first three were used in both a female and male survivor's group and everyone seemed to relate. I thought women wouldn't feel the same or be able to understand in the same way, but I must have been wrong. :p

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.