Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
3 registered (Banjo596, 2 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443049 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#80178 - 03/26/05 10:56 PM Just A Boy
Ready2MoveOn Offline

Loc: Illinois
Just A Boy
Walking from chore to chore, I caught a glance and stopped midstride. It was just a boy. Playing, running, energy abound. My eyes saw him hold a twig.
His eyes of youth and wonder saw it as a magic wand.
Under his control, the scepter made sweeping arcs in the air.

I wondered and wished thinking of my past and his future. When is innocence lost?
Time changed the imagination of youth to the productive boredom of man.
Before my eyes, the magic wand became a bat, a pinecone this child’s new baseball.
The ball and bat met, both flew but a few feet. We both saw it had clearly left the ballpark.

The boy caught a glance of me, seeing a giant who paused his busy tasks.
His sparkling eyes viewed me with wonder hoping he would be a man soon,
Powerful, strong, responsible. Little did he know I would love a magic wand to enjoy,
Or the power to transform a stick into a bat.
Just a boy and a man, past, present, and the love of innocence.

#80179 - 04/06/05 08:19 PM Re: Just A Boy
Ready2MoveOn Offline

Loc: Illinois
Just some background about my poem. I wrote it two years ago when I started having memories of my childhood and the flashbacks that went with them. Before the memories surfaced, I couldn't remember alot of my youth. I started to feel cheated out of my past. I realized I never got to enjoy my innocence. As a boy, I looked at adults and couldn't wait to grow and be in charge. Now as an adult I see how much I miss the innocence lost.

#80180 - 04/06/05 09:09 PM Re: Just A Boy
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Every boy, yearns to outgrow his innocence and be the man, he can remember his innocence as that of the magic of times when he really had no cares and responsibilities.

Your poem is brilliant, and it captures the, spirit of childhood, where time stood still, and everything could be magic.

Only a childs mind can truly appreciate the beauty of the world, a child is the only one who can really show unconditional love, until it is taken away, and the child urges himself to be the man.

So much we hear of childhoods lost in abandon, of not knowing what went on, I have so much trouble recalling parts of mine, but I remember so much of the magic, just as you did.

It should never have been taken away,

Let this make you strong, as the one you are,

ste

#80181 - 04/09/05 08:25 AM Re: Just A Boy
Bobby Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona
Beautiful Poem

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.