Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
4 registered (traveler, JW1230, tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63578 Topics
444196 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#79536 - 11/17/04 06:01 AM You Think...
sadanddown Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Gaboogistan
Just a warning, this poem is kind of depressing. I wrote it after drinking a bit, it was a way for me to tell one of my friends about my SA without telling them what exactly happened to me, just the consequences of the SA. I never showed it to any of my friends, but it made me feel better, its also my first poem.

You Think
By Jon

You think you know, but you don't.

You think you are capable of knowing, but you aren't.

You think you can imagine the pain inside, but you can't.

You think you are able to understand the impact, but you can't.

You think you are able to understand the questions that it leaves, but you can't.

You think you can picture the sickness of it, but the sickness of it can't be imagined.

You think you can handle the pain, but you can't.

You think you can comprehend the open wounds, but you can't feel the salt being poured on them.

You think you have felt pain, discomfort and embarassement, but you haven't.

You think you know how to help, but you don't.

You think you are able to give me comofort and hope, but hope is dead, and comfort killed it.

You think you can help me, but you can't.

#79537 - 11/17/04 08:15 AM Re: You Think...
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

I hope that you do give your friend a chance and that this is poetry of the difficulty friends may have in understanding us.
I hope that you do realize that this is one of the highest honors that we can pay one another: being a friend.
You sound like a good friend to me, I hope that you give your friend a chance to see what a good friend he can be to you.
Good luck with your friend.

David

#79538 - 11/17/04 08:31 PM Re: You Think...
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
You're poem just about sums up the feelings you have been through, I hope your friend can understand. But I guess he never will, it is only us who know, and only us who understand,

Peace,

ste

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.