This boy reaches out to me with his small trembling hands, but I cannot take his hand because my own are tied. He looks to me for friendship but I cannot speak any words of kindness to him because my compassion is locked up tight. He cries to me for help, but I cannot offer him sympathy because I do not have any left to offer. He screams to me in confusion, but I cannot explain to him that he is the victim now, I am not allowed to speak the words. He pleads with me to make them stop, but I am powerless to do so. He is finally quieted but they are not satisfied and the torture continues...

I reach out to the boy with my small trembling hands, but he cannot take my hands because his are still tied. I look to him for help, but he cannot help me because he is powerless. I cry to him 'please make them stop', but he cannot see me because he has been blinded by this horror. I scream to him in confusion, but he does not hear me because he has been deafened by the fear. I call out his name, but he cannot answer me because he has been muted by this brutality.

He no longer squirms or fights to get away.

He has paid the price and is not useful anymore.

They just throw him away...