Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
1 registered (teba), 77 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62517 Topics
438110 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#79438 - 10/21/04 04:55 PM healing comes in mysterious ways
Raphael Offline

You know, my mind (or my soul) works in mysterious ways and often sends me messages in a language that I can understand. It is very common that a song will come to me unexpectedly, bringing some message that I need to hear. It has happened many times. Recently a song named Joseph has come back to me. I've known this song for ages but only know I stopped to unravel the meanings enshrined in its verses.

Joseph

I am at the bottom of the well
My shout
Sandpapers the dry sky
The time stretches but I hear
The echo
Which will be Egypt that answers
And hides in the future
The well is dark
But Egypt shines
In my navel
And the signal that I see is this
Of a certain destiny
While I wait
Only with me and badly with me
In the navel of the desert

I can clearly relate to this song. I've been feeling depressed (at the bottom of the well), lonely and sad (Only with me and badly with me). But as I meditated more about the song, a new symbolism dawned on me. The song talks of a well and of Egypt, because it is really about Joseph, from the Bible. And Joseph was thrown in the well by his brothers. And I was sexually and emotionally abused by my brothers. Isn't it amazing that my mind picks this song and gives it to me? Of course the song brings hope too. There is an Egypt hidden in the future, and it shines in my navel!

I thought of sharing this with you guys.

#79439 - 10/22/04 04:20 AM Re: healing comes in mysterious ways
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

And a beautiful sharing that it is, too. Funny how these things happen, but I came here tonight to speak of some health, recovery, too, and here was your offering...nice, very nice.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.