Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (58), Aaron7712 (48), Defiance Is Best (46), Interpreter (30), Kenn (55), RichardPaulPoill (68), soul (34), Tyler845 (27)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445577 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#7900 - 04/09/06 07:03 PM Re: Stressing a bit, need support.
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
Hey guys, I have worked on this book and another book simultaneously for the last two years. Could it be that I am just mentaly drained? I have had to edit, read over the abuse book many times and I think that looking at it over and over again could have caused me some stress, taken my strength. Having it come out was explosive and exciting but I think it has spun me into a downward spiral. Just thought I would ask.

Thanks

#7901 - 04/09/06 08:44 PM Re: Stressing a bit, need support.
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
John,

Working on a book like this would have been, hopefully, a positive and cleansing experience, but at the same time one that obliged you to look at a lot of things more closely than you had done in the past. The vivid colors and jagged edges would have been there everywhere for you. I hope it has not thrown you into a downward spiral, but I cannot imagine how it could have failed to be emotionally draining.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#7902 - 04/09/06 09:11 PM Re: Stressing a bit, need support.
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry, I think you are right on the money, emotionally draining is what I should have said.

I am just tired. I worked during the day and looked over the book every night during the editing process. Two books at the same time, the other is a professional book in my field. I am just worn out from that I believe. You know how stress triggers us.

Larry, I think you are great at helping others, you know a lot.

#7903 - 04/09/06 09:29 PM Re: Stressing a bit, need support.
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
John,

Thanks for your kind comments. \:\)

Try to be careful here. Burn out can happen to any one of us bro! Try to relax and be satisfied with the two books. That's a great achievement.

I am a university academic and I don't even know how many books I have published anymore. But still, when a new one comes out I want to stress over it and wonder what silly mistakes will be found in it. But now I tell myself that no book is ever perfect, and what I wrote is what I needed to say at that time. I realize I have to be happy with that.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#7904 - 04/09/06 09:38 PM Re: Stressing a bit, need support.
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry, all I can say is thanks for your kindness. You know what you are talking about and it always helps me. I hope you are around here for a long time, we need your help. Now I understand why you understand what I am going through. "I don't even know how many books I have published anymore."

Thanks,

#7905 - 04/11/06 01:00 AM Re: Stressing a bit, need support.
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hormones are in tact, man I feel good. Thanks for all the replies. I still feel bad for feeling bad and posting about it, is that possible, lol.

Have a great day guys,

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.