Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
5 registered (Doubter, Obi, bluesky, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443287 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#7900 - 04/09/06 07:03 PM Re: Stressing a bit, need support.
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
Hey guys, I have worked on this book and another book simultaneously for the last two years. Could it be that I am just mentaly drained? I have had to edit, read over the abuse book many times and I think that looking at it over and over again could have caused me some stress, taken my strength. Having it come out was explosive and exciting but I think it has spun me into a downward spiral. Just thought I would ask.

Thanks

#7901 - 04/09/06 08:44 PM Re: Stressing a bit, need support.
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
John,

Working on a book like this would have been, hopefully, a positive and cleansing experience, but at the same time one that obliged you to look at a lot of things more closely than you had done in the past. The vivid colors and jagged edges would have been there everywhere for you. I hope it has not thrown you into a downward spiral, but I cannot imagine how it could have failed to be emotionally draining.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#7902 - 04/09/06 09:11 PM Re: Stressing a bit, need support.
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry, I think you are right on the money, emotionally draining is what I should have said.

I am just tired. I worked during the day and looked over the book every night during the editing process. Two books at the same time, the other is a professional book in my field. I am just worn out from that I believe. You know how stress triggers us.

Larry, I think you are great at helping others, you know a lot.

#7903 - 04/09/06 09:29 PM Re: Stressing a bit, need support.
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
John,

Thanks for your kind comments. \:\)

Try to be careful here. Burn out can happen to any one of us bro! Try to relax and be satisfied with the two books. That's a great achievement.

I am a university academic and I don't even know how many books I have published anymore. But still, when a new one comes out I want to stress over it and wonder what silly mistakes will be found in it. But now I tell myself that no book is ever perfect, and what I wrote is what I needed to say at that time. I realize I have to be happy with that.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#7904 - 04/09/06 09:38 PM Re: Stressing a bit, need support.
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry, all I can say is thanks for your kindness. You know what you are talking about and it always helps me. I hope you are around here for a long time, we need your help. Now I understand why you understand what I am going through. "I don't even know how many books I have published anymore."

Thanks,

#7905 - 04/11/06 01:00 AM Re: Stressing a bit, need support.
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hormones are in tact, man I feel good. Thanks for all the replies. I still feel bad for feeling bad and posting about it, is that possible, lol.

Have a great day guys,

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.