Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#78877 - 07/14/04 01:22 AM edited
lost_in_thought Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida

#78878 - 07/14/04 05:39 AM Re: edited
Leonatomi Offline

Loc: England
I liked what you wrote, you underestimate yourself. It captures the sadness you carry every day. I do feel for you, its horrible feeling that way every day without any light at the end of the tunnel. Writting poetry for me is therapeutic. I find it a helpfull way of expressing feelings that I would otherwise not be able to verbalise.

Your last section of poetry - No Title 3 - struck a chord with me. I to listen to the same songs over and over again. It's interesting how some types of song can overwhelm you with emotion to the point where you let your feelings go, and on the other hand, the same song seems to instill some sort of healing energy back into you. The emotional chaos the two extremes cause within, is what I find addictive and helpfull to a degree. I think it might have something to do with the fact that because you experience those two extremes, you realise that you are able to feel sometimes, which is what most of us here strive for throughout our lives. If someone took my songs away, I don't know how I would cope....

All songs have different meanings to different people. I like songs by a not well known group called Nightwish. In particular Angels Fall First, Dead Boy's Poem, Swanheart and Two For Tragedy. Evanescence - My Immortal also strikes a chord with me.

Keep writting your poetry and listening to your songs, they can both be helpful.

#78879 - 07/14/04 05:59 AM Re: edited
Malidin41 Offline

Loc: Utah
Leonatomi I really like what you said, I to believe that writing and music can help you heal. If I did not have music or my writing I do not know where I would be, fact is I do not even want to think about where I would be for I am sure it would be a terrible place. lost_in_thought I really like your poems I think you are a great writer and through the words you print I find myself relating to them. You have a gift keep writing my friend. Thank you so much for sharing and please don't underestimate yourself you are a great person intitled to everything that is good. If you would ever like to chat pm me anytime I would love to help in any way that I can with your struggles. I look forward to reading more of your work, hang in there my friend there are many good things to come. malidin.

#78880 - 07/21/04 03:30 PM Re: edited
lost_in_thought Offline
MaleSurvivor

thank you for the kind words

#78881 - 07/22/04 01:48 PM Re: edited
John Ireland Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Chicago
Lost In Thought---your words inspire & connect
Your voice echoes sensitivity & raw emotions

Lost In Thought---your music healing I share
Radio saved many victims I believe & glad UR1

Lost In Thought---your poetry is a cool gift
Soothing my weary soul in hot & humid July

Lost In Thought---your inner feelings flow
Keep sharing always as you wish:) \:\) \:\)

All "me" best, John Ireland:) \:\) \:\) \:\)

#78882 - 07/22/04 02:06 PM Re: edited
lost_in_thought Offline
MaleSurvivor

i really do appericate the kind responses, though i fear i am not worthy of them.

thank you,
Jake

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.