Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63397 Topics
443262 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#78821 - 07/12/04 07:52 AM feeling bad
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am not gay. I can not be your lover.

I am not God. I can not be your savior.

I am not near. I can not be your neighbor.

I am not therapist. I can not help your mind.

I am afraid. I can not let you hug me.

I am shy. I can not let you touch me.

I am not mad. You don't need ask forgiveness.

I am friend. I can give you my caring. I can listen when you need. I can be person to try help you.

But it's not enough.

I am not enough.

What I am, what I can do, will be taken. But then they'll want more.

What you need, I can not do. I can heal me. I can't heal you.

If you close your eyes and find the sleep to end of time, it is not because I did not care.

It is because you can't belive I do.

So who is wrong? Me or you?

#78822 - 07/12/04 12:53 PM Re: feeling bad
Aden Offline

Who's wrong? Probably both of us.

#78823 - 07/12/04 03:58 PM Re: feeling bad
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Andrei,

you never have to be more then who you are, or give more then you can. Anyone who expects more from you is wrong.

And if someone were to kill themself, it is their action. It does not have anything to do with you. To try to make it seem like it is fault of you or another is cowardice and cruel.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#78824 - 07/12/04 06:31 PM Re: feeling bad
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Andrei,

You do what you can. you can't save the world. Oh, boy, if one person could save the world, we'd never have to worry, would we?

But you did what you did, and believe me, that's enough.

When we show compassion, when we show we care, we are giving of what God does to another person. It's up to THEM to do with the gift as they see fit, just as it's up to US to use what God gives us.

It never feels like it's enough, Andrei, but it is. It has to be, because it's all we can do.

Be gentle with yourself, my friend. You have enough of a weight to carry. You don't have to carry someone else's. There's nothing to forgive.

I love you, my friend.

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#78825 - 07/14/04 07:35 AM Re: feeling bad
Malidin41 Offline

Loc: Utah
There is allot of great advice here and all I can do is enforce what has already been said. No one can give more than what they are able to give and we cannot give something that is not ours to give. You have nothing to be forgiven for and you are not at fault for any actions that someone else chooses to make. You seem to be a great careing person that is all that can be expected from a true friend. From where I am sitting and from the little I know you have shown to live up to your end of the relationship. If you ever want to talk please pm me any time. Your friend malidin.

#142213 - 02/18/07 02:54 PM Re: feeling bad [Re: Malidin41]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

putting this up, it is what I am feeling right now.

Andrei

#142244 - 02/18/07 05:13 PM Re: feeling bad [Re: ak]
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Andrei,

You don't have to be anything or anyone but who you are. That is more than enough.

Thanks,

Joe

#142290 - 02/19/07 12:16 AM Re: feeling bad [Re: outis]
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Andrei - A good capture of many survivor's feelings!! I particularly like Joe's focus on "enough". Most of us feel whatever we do and whoever we are - it's never enough. I think we try to fill up the hole made by our Perps. We keep pleasing others, finding acceptance outside ourselves, etc. as if others will fill up that hole. Until we start accepting things as they are and filling that hole for ourselves, w2e will never be or do enough!!

Howard

#142386 - 02/19/07 06:10 PM Re: feeling bad [Re: ScottyTodd]
Bobby Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona
Andrei, You have always given me peace. I don't understand things like that exactly, but I always get a sense of peace from you and caring....and complete honesty. I know this poem has nothing to do with me, but I wanted you to know that. And through the gift of who you are, you have been and are now certainly a part of my healing. Bobby

#142408 - 02/19/07 11:22 PM Re: feeling bad [Re: Bobby]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Andrei,

You spoke volumes with that poem. You can only be what you are able to be. I hope revisiting your poem helped you realize that you have done what you could and that you were able to find peace with that.

(((((Andrei)))))

John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.