Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
2 registered (Moortje, tbkkfile), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63646 Topics
444505 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#7872 - 05/09/04 10:08 PM Re: Maybe this is why
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Marc,

You are free to speak. Keep reaching out. Be yourself. Be true to yourself.

Take care,
Bill

#7873 - 05/10/04 12:37 AM Re: Maybe this is why
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Marc,
You're figuring it out.... and I can so totally relate to what you wrote here. I'm constantly trying to measure up to others and I'm constantly afraid that I'm going to screw up... But what you said was so correct, so true.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#7874 - 05/10/04 12:38 AM Re: Maybe this is why
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
I am not offended. You are being honest, and I respect honesty above almost all else! Keep reaching out, we will be here.
Casey

#7875 - 05/10/04 04:58 AM Re: Maybe this is why
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
Marc,

Trust in others is very hard for me to give too and I hate it when people complement me, I just don't want believe it. I've met some of the guys from this site in person and they have all been without exception supportive and honest and caring people.

Please keep posting, keep reaching out, keep trying, it does get better, it does help.

Take good care of yourself,

Steve

#7876 - 05/10/04 07:12 PM Re: Maybe this is why
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Marc
if you have to 'fight' - then FIGHT !
kick, bite and poke their f*****g eyes out if you have to. Don't let the abusers beat you, 'cause they didn't play by the rules - did they ?

Dave

#7877 - 05/10/04 08:57 PM Re: Maybe this is why
Dale English Offline
Newsletter Founder/Producer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: PA
Hey Marc,

This thread really hits us all where we live! I can remember the first time I reached out to another survivor I'd met at a retreat. Before leaving, I asked him if we could be pen pals (pre-email). I remember spending hours trying to write a simple letter because I'd write it and rewrite it over and over until it was flawless. When I finally told him I was doing that, he asked me to try writing and mail the letter just as it was, with cross outs and all. It was nerve wracking to do it but I sent it. I remember not long after that having an assignment to do in therapy to write down my list of "needs". What the hell were those? One that I'll never forget was "I need people in my life with whom I can share my thoughts, feelings and self without the need to edit anything"!

What a blessing it is to have found a place where there are so many men who fit the bill! So don't change a word of it brother. Let us hear it as real as it really is. And when you feel the earth shaking under your feet, that's just all of us pounding our fists and stomping our feet cheering you on.

Taz

#7878 - 05/11/04 02:11 AM Re: Maybe this is why
faceinthecrowd Offline

Marc,You took the words right out of my mouth.Thanks for having the courage to write them.//////////faceitwithallofus

#7879 - 05/11/04 09:51 AM Re: Maybe this is why
Ivo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Germany
Marc trust is something that won't be easy to regain back.
Work hard on self discovering. Open your mind and trust yourself. Prize for your efforts would surprise you.

When I say that I am strong I think that I am strong because I know how vulnerable I am, and how much energy I need to spend for "normal" functioning compared to "normal" people. Do you really think that your perspective is different?

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.