Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
5 registered (iaccus, I Want 2 Thrive, dan_in_newengland, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447971 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#78703 - 10/11/06 11:48 PM .
Niels Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Niels (12/10/08 09:34 AM)
Edit Reason: privacy-trust issues-post deleted

#78704 - 10/12/06 12:42 AM Re: Let Him Heal your Heart
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Niels,

I love old spirituals and hymns. Part of this one really rang out to me personally:

Quote:
Never doubt his goodness.
Don't believe that it's too late.
He sees your every struggle and He knows the trials you face.
It addresses a lot of feelings I have had since I was abused in our church by a Scout leader who was also a deacon in the church - four decades ago.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#78705 - 10/12/06 02:23 AM Re: Let Him Heal your Heart
Niels Offline
MaleSurvivor

so sorry to hear that Larry. I really have worked hard on changing the policies regarding positions of trust around young men in our church. Checkups in registers before beeing able to work with children and always 2 adults present with children at all time. Better safe than sorry.

Peace and love to you too Larry

I can send you the song as a file to anyone that would want it. It is really beautiful.

#78706 - 10/12/06 02:31 AM Re: Let Him Heal your Heart
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Niels,

Thanks for your thoughtful post. I did write to the Boy Scouts about this and they replied with a very nice letter explaining that things are much different now. Volunteers are vetted and trained now, and there are codes of conduct that are strictly enforced - no leader is allowed in a tent or room alone with a boy, for example.

In every copy of the Boy Scout Handbook there is also a CD devoted to abuse issues, and new kids see a video about "good/bad touching". So as in other areas of life, boys entering Scouts get a lot of important information that in my time was absolutely unknown.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.