Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
1 registered (wild_turky), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63177 Topics
441781 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#78553 - 07/20/06 11:35 AM Just a Quick Question
Jay Bee Offline

Loc: NY
Not sure I would discuss my own experiences with this yet but, is there room for talk beyond the Big Three(Christianity, Islam, and Judaism) here?

#78554 - 07/20/06 01:07 PM Re: Just a Quick Question
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Sure.

- Mel Brooks

#78555 - 07/20/06 02:06 PM Re: Just a Quick Question
Elad 12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: on the coast
I believe spirituality covers a vast area of beliefs. Please feel free.

Dale

#78556 - 07/20/06 05:43 PM Re: Just a Quick Question
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jay Bee,

If you feel you have something you want to say in that area, why not?

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#78557 - 07/20/06 09:55 PM Re: Just a Quick Question
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Spirituality is not religion, it is ways you find to find your inner self/peace in the world.

By defining your inner self is a means to your own spirituality, so post what you wish,

ste

#78558 - 07/23/06 10:28 PM Re: Just a Quick Question
jesse7 Offline

Loc: AZ
Jay, please write whatever you feel needs to be said. If anyone judges you, then guess whose problem that is?

Jesse

#78559 - 07/24/06 04:05 AM Re: Just a Quick Question
Jay Bee Offline

Loc: NY
Well. for now, I shall say what prompted the original question.

I have always been a very spiritual person and always felt a need to feed that essence within me. Its taken me on some very interesting journeys.

At one point, I was involved in a Pagan coven for a number of years and everything was fine with that. One of our later members was a woman who, while growing up, was brutally abused in all ways known to man(we are talking truly awful) to the point where she developed multiple personality disorder as a coping mechanism. The perp was some nutcase(her brother, I think) who, among other things, fancied himself as some type of dark magician, and incorporated his own sick twisted desires and notions into perverted versions of rituals that within the Pagan community are a thing of love and beauty.

This woman much later in life remembered some of the symbology, ritual elements and implements, and naturally found them all extremely triggering. She did not want these triggers to affect the growth of her own spirituality so she took the amazing and courageous step of actively seeking out a Pagan coven she could feel comfortable with and see those ritual elements of her horrible past being used in the proper context in a nonfrightening and non-hurtful matter. Thus did she arrive on our doorstep.

We worked very carefully with her, respecting her triggering sensitivity to certain things. Some of her Selves were curious about the coven and came out to explore. Others stayed far away inside the Inner Landscape.

I shared all this just to say i did not want to blithely go on talking about religious and spiritual elements that might prove extremely triggering to others in this group as I don't know most of y'all experiences yet.

At any rate, that is it for now. Maybe I will speak on my presnet spiritual path later as it has been a great sense of comfort and given me great strength to surmount many things.

#78560 - 07/24/06 10:47 AM Re: Just a Quick Question
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jay Bee,

I really can't say a lot about your post because what you are talking about is so far from my own spiritual experiences.

But I will say this. We all have to find a spiritual path that works for us. If yours is different from mine and I don't like that, then that is absolutely my problem and not yours. I hope you feel free to discuss this aspect of your recovery here and seek the support and answers you need.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.