Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
2 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, 1 invisible), 32 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444487 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#78540 - 08/17/06 12:41 AM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Stder,

I think it's just human to question things we don't understand, and theologians of many faiths have been doing that about for many centuries where God is concerned. I don't think God holds that against us, and I don't think you should feel badly that you are joining those who have such questions.

My own faith has taken a severe battering over recent years, but has been restored in ways that I have tried to describe here but am not really sure of myself. I guess this is a question we have to answer ourselves, each in our own way.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#78541 - 08/17/06 03:01 PM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ohio
man, there is no way man came up with the Bible on thier own. if you really get studying it deeply, the way it all interlocks, and books written thousands of years apart support each other is beyond any man. if you really search those words, you will find Him. not everyone is blindly stumbling at the word, but it is in God's hands who he gives an eye to see and an ear to hear. does that sound unfair? much of the Bible can seem unfair, until you see inside the mystery, but only God can unlock it. as Christ taught, he spoke in riddles because it isnt meant for everyone to see. God gives each what they can handle, and if they truly seek, He gives them enough to ensure thier salvation, but no one gets it all.

#78542 - 08/17/06 08:39 PM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
The Bible is incomplete, and a lot of the mysteries are held in Vatican vaults.
These bibles, were transcribed with feathers dipped in ink and embellished with colors.

The bible is made up of testament to all who wrote of how life was at the time.
It is not our time but a time where life was totally different than anything we could perceive.

When we were kids we all screamed at God, especially when we were told he could perform miracles, and would not let kids be hurt.
None of it makes much sense to a kid who is hurt.

We were the "lucky" ones, or were we?
I asked God to end my life on more than one occasion because the hurt was so bad, but he gave me and you guys the tools to survive.

Survive is all it is sometimes, but we can see the world in a better light if we stick to our road of being true to God, and what he wanted us to be.

I live in a World today that is unfamiliar to the World I grew up in. It is a World were untold things are done to innocents around the globe.

Millions of kids and adults must be crying out every night, but that is life, it is my past and yours, but at least we know it goes on,

ste

#78543 - 08/29/06 12:54 AM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ogden Utah, USA
We are having an abuse prevention day at Church in a few weeks. I will be doing the sermon. I am not a preacher, but I will be telling my story and talking about the prevalence of abuse inside and outside the church. I will also be talking about the god I learned about as a child, the same god that is a lie and never did exist. I will be telling about the God I am learning to know. I know that this is a lot to fit into one talk so I'll keep working on it and maybe ditch part of it. You guys have given me a whole truck load to think about as I work on this talk. Thanks, I really appreciate the discussion on this thread.

Love ya

Darrel

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.