Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
1 registered (VASurvivor), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63417 Topics
443373 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#78530 - 07/26/06 12:07 PM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ohio
church isn't a place. any time two come together in fellowship of Christ they are in church. the rapture has so infiltrated the world's churches that i cannot find one local to attend. i cannot take part in that, because i know better. see, for someone that does something in ignorance, God can excuse them. if you dont know any better, and have not been taught any better, then you may still have forgiveness. this is why God leaves most pretty blind to the mystery, for thier own protection. with knowledge comes great danger, for a person is accountable for that knowledge. i sometimes catch a lot of flack for saying what i do, but see i dont have a choice. if i am going to speak of heavenly things, i must speak what i know. if i dont, i will account for it.

many of the ancient cathedrals around are fantastic buildings. as a history nut, i love old and storied things. they have great value and history in our faith. i can't access the pictures here, but it sounds great.

#78531 - 07/26/06 09:38 PM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I have read many religions and have spent a lot of time alone in my life relating to my role, and finding God's path.

Survival is not about surviving the past, it is about surviving things that I have yet to be challenged with.

The world I live in, is not what I would like it to be, and yes, we need to teach others the true meaning of life as we perceive it.

Church has no meaning to me, I have gone far beyond what the man of the cloth has to speak.
Are those who visit God's chapel ready to be received unto himself.

They may have confessed their sins, and yet proceed to commit more sins, thinking that God will atone them for those sins, and even the sins they are blind to.

A flash of anger, a wicked glance, bearing false witness aha, the list is endless, but they are all the things I avoid in life, and try to live life as it is meant to be.

No man can be perfect in an imperfect world, but he can but try, and if he tries, then surely his world can be a safer place to be,

ste

#78532 - 07/27/06 05:18 PM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ohio
upon repenting our sins are blotted out. they never happened. for us to continue to grieve over them is in actuality a sin, because we are doubting God can forgive us. certainly we all need to try and live above sin, but none of us will. thank God for Christ's blood so that we can have forgiveness after we slip.

i wish you all the best. cling to God, and file away what i have said. in time, perhaps you will recall that i warned if one shows up, working wonders and claiming to be Christ, and you are still in the flesh, it is not Him, but is a fake. in remembering, repent and you may very well be the first fruits of this flesh age.

each of us must find our own path, and i wish you all a safe and happy journey.

#78533 - 07/28/06 04:39 PM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

please dont take this wrong but i had to say it ,when i read posts about god and how those who dont follow him will be punid=shed in the end ,i get this picture in my head,there is this huge crowd in the streets people everywhere,in the middle of the crowd is this guy ,long hair ,white robe,barefoot and he is holding a sign ,on one side it says doom ,on the other side it says the end is near.but hes been there for like years!i waited too long for god to save me ,but he did nothing ,so i have trouble fearing what he will do if he ever does show up ,which i seriously doubt will happen. if god came today would he ask my forgivness? he should.so i say god is comming aND BOY AM I PISSED!god has been punishing me since the day i was born ,i have nothing to fear from him,he has shown me the worst already.hey god did i pass the test? i really dont care.maybe i failed god as miserably as he failed me,but i didnt create him and promise to protect him now did i?maybe one day i will stand before god ,wonder if he knows what the middle finger means?,yes i am aware of what i'm saying and please those who believe and are only trying to help those who dont ,my anger is between me and god and i thank you for trying to help me understand .i know people will think ,that dude is gonna burn in hell for saying this stuff,but i been to hell and back again ,will god sentence me to what?my life?yeah maybe thats my punishment to have to live this life. adam

#78534 - 07/28/06 05:17 PM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Adam, right at your age, I felt exactly like you are doing.
I thought, hey God, look what I gotta face in life, a world where I cannot even use the brains he gave me.

I honestly thought that I would end up being a hobo, every job on earth I must have done, with all the low pay, when I could have done a load better if I got to Uni.

I thought I would be dead by 40, and here I am, chugging along at 52, and still pretty healthy.
I can honestly say that you got a ticket to Heaven if you dont do anything real bad.

He has helped me numerous times, let me down on others, but he is the one who will save you, and he will shower you with love for eternity.

At least you can talk it out, because the older guys had to figure it all out alone, believe me, thats a toughie,

ste

#78535 - 07/28/06 05:40 PM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Adam,

Leaving aside the religious aspects of this, I would just suggest that if you view your life as a punishment it will be difficult ever to find happiness in it.

I don't deny your right to be angry, I'm just pointing out that unless you can find some way to draw a line under it and move on it will continue to harm you.

And I do think anger harms us after a point. It owns and manipulates us and refuses to let us see anything but itself. That's the real curse of it.

I'm not suggesting when or how you should do this. I'm just pointing out that at some time in the future you may see that your anger is just taking you in circles - revisiting all the same (real) grievances but never offering you any solutions. At that point you may want to consider whether it would be better just to let go of the anger, or rather, make it let go of you.

Sorry if I sound patronizing; I don't mean to be doing that at all. It's just a very difficult topic to address.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#78536 - 08/03/06 06:25 PM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
Kenn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto, Canada
This has been a great series of posts to read. Thank you all for your contributions!

Throughout my 46 years I have nearly always managed to keep some sort of God contact going, consciously sometimes and, more often, subtly.

I have come to the conclusion that the more I think I know about God the more I am proven wrong.

The one constant in my life has been some kind of energy inside which has allowed me to persevere. I call that God. When I can't seem to feel connected with others (even fellow "seekers"), as is so often the case, I find that connection in music or in nature or in a multitude of other ways. To put it more accurately it finds me, thus sustaining me even when I am not consciously feeling particularly hungry for God.

I hold on to another image of God from my childhood, nowadays often referred to as "my imaginary friend", which/whom I could talk to even about secrets and shame and other stuff that my traumatized self could not share with anyone else. God doesn't, in that way, respond immediately with any "answers". When I have journeyed with people going through the loss of loved ones, when there is nothing adequate to say, that energy/force/imaginary friend has managed to comfort and console where I could not possibly.

When I've been angry at God it has usually been because He/It was not acting the way I believed He/It was supposed to. The Mystery has been consistent.

Kenn

William Shakespeare, Hamlet

#78537 - 08/03/06 06:46 PM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Kenn,

I like your comment about the Mystery being consistent. That's an interesting way to phrase the dilemma.

And you are right about anger. We are angriest at God when He doesn't do what we think He should do FOR US! My own reply, however, would simply be this: Why do we think He should do all these things for individuals? If we look at the world we live in, we see the proof every day that God does not work like that. That is, he doesn't step in to "save" innocents. Not us, but not others either.

Once I realized this it obliged me not to reject God, but rather to drastically revise my expectations of Him and to try to find His hand in the world in other ways.

I know other brothers here will not agree with me and I respect their dissent. All I am saying is this is what worked for me.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#78538 - 08/03/06 08:21 PM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Kenn,

God is a mystery, but everything is also a mystery.
I too see all the beauty around me, as I am more aware of natural things in life.

The Bible was never written, it is just like today where media takes away most of the facts.
The Vatican holds some of the mysteries, but still a lot are missing.

The almighty God, could end suffering tomorrow, but he lets man decide their own fate.
These men of greed and anger mete out abuse all their lives, then think a man in a smock can just wipe away their sins by confessing.

Think again, God is the ultimate judge!
Your life is a brief calculation of 100 years, which is nothing in eternity.

I could have had a family but chose not to, so my children were never born.
I would have brought them up to be good in their lives, and thrive through nurture.

Abuse stopped that, so the abusers curtail God's way of putting his lambs onto the planet through mans lust to abuse.

I could have turned into an abuser myself, but I would never have done things like that to kids.
I wrote about paying things forward, and that is the best way to be.

I helped the little old lady next door to get into her house when the lock broke.
A boy of about 13yo climebed through her window that I had opened and accepted some money off her.

When she came to me to offer me money, I refused it, even though I dont have much.
Its my way of paying things forward, and it is worth more than money.

Its the real butterfly effect, where, if we do these little favors, we get them back.
If we spread anger and hatred, it comes back on us also.

I wish the world was not so blind to follow politicians into despair,

ste

#78539 - 08/17/06 12:02 AM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
Stder Offline

Loc: Albion, Mi
I read my Bible now and all I see are people trying to make sense of God. They don't know for sure what He is like, they're just doing their best to figure Him out. Maybe we all are. I want to get to know Him, but it all feels so jumbled, I don't know what to believe about Him myself. Sometimes I think maybe there is no God, that the Bible was just man's best effort to describe a power they knew must exist. I hate that I'm writing this, becase I want to believe He does exist. Maybe I still have just a little faith that He does exist and He cares for us, even though I don't understand.

Luke 18:10-14 Once there were two men who went into the temple to pray... for those who make themselves great will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be made great.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.