Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
2 registered (susie, Cthulhu), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441425 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#78520 - 07/24/06 12:59 AM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
Itsback Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Mexico
There have been many religous figures or god before the birth of christ. Which one is the right one? You have Cathlics and Protestants killing each other over different interpations of the same book

I dont know if there is ONE god I would like to think there is but I dont know.

What I do know is the commandment are a good base to live your life buy just as I believe that Karma is a mother and it will get you.

Which one is the right one? I dont know. And to have these Wars over who's is right. Man that scares me.

But as I have always said " I dont care what religeon you follow just as long as it makes you happy and comfortable its ok"

So even though I am in search of the answer right now I try to live my life by taking the good things from several different ones and combine them and I am happy with that. Who knows maybe I am trying to cover all the bases \:o )

#78521 - 07/24/06 03:45 AM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

what if you pass the test but loose god along the way?seems like a waste of time .we shoulldnt have to pass a test to be loved by god

#78522 - 07/24/06 12:31 PM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Darrel,

I have commented on this theme several times and I guess you have seen what I said there. I think the fullest idea I give in one of those "Creating safety" threads I started, probably the one on "why me?".

I would just stress one thing: it's okay to challenge God. He's used to it! He would want you to be honest with yourself, with others you love, and with Him. You aren't a bad person if you admit your humanity and claim your right to question.

If you haven't read this book, this really is a MUST for survivors struggling with this question: Harold Kirshner's "When Bad Things Happen to Good People". It really helped me a lot.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#78523 - 07/24/06 07:03 PM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ohio
SK, you dont have to pass a test to be loved by God. He loves all his children. Let's consider the flesh we know. let's say you have a large family, and you have one child that is continually rebellious. he goes behind your back, and talks all your other kids into trouble all the time. you try and discipline him, you try everything you know. at what point do you cut off that child for the good of the rest?

see that is what we have now. satan drew a third of the stars to follow him. you have a full third of the children actively worshipping satan. a third that stands idle, and a third actively supporting God. what if some of the third cheating on God, committing adultry if you will, are just confused. what if you removed the unruly child and give them a fresh chance? you might find some are worthy of including in your family, while others were just beyond hope.

we have been through one rebellion, one fall. how many more should we endure before we try to resolve it once and for all? that is what this is about. this is to once and for all see which of us will follow satan, and which will actually love God. it isnt a test for God to love us, it is a test to see if we love God.

#78524 - 07/24/06 09:04 PM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Adam, if I told you the whole Universe comes from a dot smaller than an atom, you would think I was nuts, but it is, that is exactly where it comes from.

That is scientific fact, born out ot fractal mathematics, and that is why we have black holes which can suck planets and stars into darkness.

Mother nature, aka the Worlds number one terrorist regime runs on a given set of rules, that of man keeping nature in check. When them rules are broken, we get terrifying weather patterns with massive destruction.

"God", aka, all the World leaders cannot, fight mother nature, because she is hidden right at the back of the Amazon basin.

If you met a load of 7yo kids, they will all tell you they believe in God, and they believe in a whole host of other things, but why? Because they see a beautiful World full of surprises and candy floss days.

Then one day, something happens to some of those kids to make them think! Hey, God would not allow this to happen, but with only God to cry to, they will cry to him.

Some of those kids will get into deep trouble, and some go to jail or do drugs.
A few will go on to be abusive adults to their own kids or all kids, and some will go on to follow God.

We are given choice, to be greedy, slothful, etc., but we do not need to follow it, it is our choice. So we say that we will not follow others in following Satan.

Imagine if there were no killings, no abuse, and everyone was nice to each other, we would not need armies, not many police in riot gear, with guns etc.

Imagine if people were not greedy, and its one of the easiest ways to follow Satan, but God wanted all of his children to share in his World.
Imagine the importance of teaching a child to share, one concept that I use, and parents should use it, because it teaches a child to be open with their parents.

I dont know about reincarnation, but imagine the rich men coming back to what they created in their goal for riches, a barren World of destruction and toxins, plus mass epidemics.

Imagine the rich man who hunts for pleasure, would he feel the same way if he came back as the prey of another hunter, I guess not. And would he still believe that the animal enjoyed being hunted down, nah.

What goes around comes around, and that is the issue of paying things forward without recourse to being paid back for what you do, because God will pay you back a thousand fold.

Ever notice the wise man! He didnt just become wise, he looked hard at life and how it goes around and around, the killing fields, and mass slaughter that should deeply anger nations is somehow acceptable if politicians can label it as anti this or that.

The Romans did it, and they had massive weapons against the peasants they were fighting, but the peasants rebelled with such force and anger that they had to flee many battles.

So God does work in mysterious, and you have paid things forward by helping others in here, and believe me, it is priceless for those you help.

Larry,

your signature implies that you have visited Liverpool!

#78525 - 07/25/06 03:02 AM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
jesse7 Offline

Loc: AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner:

I would just stress one thing: it's okay to challenge God. He's used to it! He would want you to be honest with yourself, with others you love, and with Him. You aren't a bad person if you admit your humanity and claim your right to question.

That's it, though hardly anyone ever questions because we fear challenging the priest or the minister or the Book. At my old church, we used the sin of death or sin against the Holy Spirit to "motivate" believers.

I actually lasted five years from ages 16-21 before I realized that I was being controlled though they don't even know they are controlling.

In their eyes, I won my ticket to hell for leaving: Now it is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gifts, become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and tasted the good word of God and the wonders of the coming age, and then fallen away to be renewed to repentance again. Heb. 6:4-6

The spiritual conditioning that we sometimes experience can go very deep and it is similar to SA as Adam pointed out. Who will I be now if I'm no longer Christian or Jewish or Buddhist or whatever? I've believed in these things for years now and I've dedicated my life to them so there's no way I can be wrong... therefore I must try and prove the other spiritual views wrong otherwise I lose my identity.

We are told to not question to just go along with what we have been taught. Obedience is what is stressed--so called living in the Spirit. We are told that God is a jealous god and to follow any other god invokes his wrath even unto the fourth generation. Exo. 20:5

There was a time when I believed in these traditions and felt the Bible was 100% true; I have long since questioned these and found my own way. Thank God I don't believe in God anymore.

Jesse

#78526 - 07/25/06 03:53 AM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

but what can we believe in?whats left ,maybe truth ?i have a question ,in many of the possible answers to the god question ,its always man who fails its man who does the bad with his free will,why so quick to blame mankind? maybe god is to blame for not making it possible for men to live as he wants them to.but all the good things in the world?well god gets the credit for all of that! why cant i just believe that there are good people who care and do good things,but we are taught its god working through them ,also every possible answer having god in it ,has the word freewill in it ,ok i can accept that ,but no i cant because in that same answer it will be said that the bad stuff was satan working through the perp,but wait freewill,but wait satan is using the perp,if satan controls the bad and god controls the good where the hell does freewill come into play?its gotta make sense to be believed . shadow

#78527 - 07/25/06 08:51 AM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Let us not get too mixed up here, if I had say four kids, and three, or even one of them turned out real bad, who would I blame? God!,Me, or somebody else.

If I brought them up well enough and gave each of them love and attention, I guess it would not be my fault. So I would have to look at other influences outside my family.

Two words, Love vs Lust, Lust is a sin, maybe not for thinking about it, but for sure to put it into play. The good looking guy who beds loads of women and has loads of kids, who he doesnt ever get to know.

Other guys idolise him because he can do that, and they want to be just like him, but they cant.
That is jealousy, another sin.

Its so easy to break away from God, and if not checked early on, it turns really sour.
If you live your life as God wanted, then you are his child and will not be claimed by Satan.

Mankind is today witnessing the power of Satan in the current 'wars' in the middle east.
Man is conditioned to thinking that this is for the 'good' of the west, but God and man should and will think otherwise.

God will one day make it abundantly clear to all those who have gone against his power, and abused the free will he gave them, and will put them in eternal bondage,

ste

#78528 - 07/25/06 12:25 PM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ohio
i guess it ultimately comes down to this, God will reveal the mystery to those He desires, and the rest are blind to it. to me it makes perfect sense, and it fits together into one neat package. the problem is that there is no way in a few words here to share that, and even if i wrote many words, the world is blinded to God. it always has been. in the end God allows only a few to see beyond the veil, only those that He has a job for. the rest are left with one hope, seek and ye shall find. the problem is seeking isnt sitting at home watching TV, or even showing up on a pew on sunday. seeking is actively pursuing God and understanding. so many claim to love God or even hate Him, and yet they make no effort to know Him at all. He wrote you a love letter. how thick is the coating of dust on yours? pray for eyes to see, and ears to hear, and read, and never stop reading until you understand.

what is happening now in the mideast could be the deadly wound, or it might not be. only time will tell, but time is getting short. i have faith in the end that all things will be revealed as God wills. you will understand in the end, and you will see how meaningless this flesh is. it stinks, it rots, it gets sick, and it is pretty worthless in the big picture. God cast it off lightly, very young, because it just doesnt really mean much. if you place your faith in it, you will only find dissapointment. the true treasure is what is beyond most people's sight.

it is written the whole world wanders after the beast. not a few, but all except those that have the seal of God in their mind, and are reserved for thier testimony against it. the rest will not see. most will not see. i know it will be that way, because it is written, and it will come to pass. no matter how many times i try and share God's warning, most will not hear. they dont want to, because it is strange to them, and unimportant to them. put your trust and faith in God, and seek in His letter to you, and you will find His truth, and you will understand. allow the world to present Christ to you on a silver platter, and to allow others to think, and you will be decieved. it is written, and it will come to pass.

#78529 - 07/25/06 08:22 PM Re: A Shaken Faith *triggers*
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I never go to church, but that does not make me less worthy of God.
I went to my cathedral on Sunday which is split into many chapels and is shaped like a wigwam.

I always feel overwhelmed when I go there, as it is a true place of prayer with nuns praying.
Then they started a mass with the choir in one of the chapels, so I watched on for a while.

The pipe organ is one of the biggest in Europe, and it is so impressive. I lit a candle in one of the chapels, and visited the mosaic from my old church that I always prayed to.

They painstakingly took it down tile by tile and put it back together in the chapel, and it shows our lady throwing down balls of fire to those who do not believe.

I will be posting some images in image forum shortly, featuring the cathedral and the mosaic.

ste

---------------------------------------------

“The fact that violence against children is such a difficult issue to discuss brings to mind a passage from author Cormac McCarthy’s The Crossing: ‘the wicked know that if the ill they do be of sufficient horror men will not speak against it. That men have just enough stomach for small evils and only these will they oppose.’ ”

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.