Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
5 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, On The Fringe, CafeMan, 2 invisible), 68 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62555 Topics
438325 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#78465 - 06/11/06 09:59 PM When life takes a good friend!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I was just thinking about big Dave tonight, he was about six feet 4 inches tall, a real gentle giant.

I liked him because he was good looking and laid back, but had huge boundary issues in life, but somehow he had this thing that I homed in on.

Maybe, I thought he was my mentor in life, because we shared the same laid back attitudes, I dont know for sure.

I just looked up at him as big Dave, the strong guy who was so gentle.

He died tragically in a ferry accident in Ostend, and I remember asking God why he takes decent people from Earth and leave the evil behind.

I had to get a ferry one night from Ostend back to England because I needed to rest so much, and it is a hard place to get to, and thought? Why could God not stop him getting that ferry!

I know he would have been responsible for rescuing a load of people because that is who he was in life.
The worst part was that he never went on holiday, and got the trip cheap, and left even though he didnt really want to go.

Some time later I talked to a guy and his wife who got there too late to catch the ill fated ferry, and even though I thought that I am glad they didnt get it, I thought?

Why? Didnt fate stop Dave from getting it,

ste

#78466 - 06/12/06 05:58 PM Re: When life takes a good friend!
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ohio
read my reply to anger. His test is over. He is home with God, and if he overcame as one tends to think, he is now in the arms of God. no more pain. no more hunger, sickness or struggles. finally he has peace. that is what this is all about. it isnt to enjoy the flesh so much as to choose who we will follow.

#78467 - 06/13/06 02:32 AM Re: When life takes a good friend!
newo Offline

Loc: CA, USA
I have found precious few answers to that question "Why?"

I found one later..."Why did a good friend die when he did?" Answer...because two years later his wife also became ill and died slowly...where He died quickly" He didn't have to see his wife suffer. God must have felt her strong enough to deal with his death first.

Why did Mrs. _____ get three brain tumors, and die in 6 months?

Why did Mrs._____ choose the natural way of cancer therapy (basically fasting) and die in a year, leaving 2 little children?

Why, Why, Why?

I keep asking "Why", and my relationship with God is such that Gid comes and hold my hand and holds me when there are no answers.

We'll understand most things when we get to the otherside.

Peace...ste..
You are loved.

OKW

#78468 - 06/13/06 07:57 PM Re: When life takes a good friend!
jesse7 Offline

Loc: AZ
Why the evil? Why the suffering? Why, why, why? No one has an answer. Life is simply too mysterious for our little brains to crack like some cryptogram. Dealing with the unknown is an antidote for destroying the ego that always desires to know everything. It is sufficient to know that I don't know.

I'm sorry about your friend. We're still here for you...

Jesse

#78469 - 06/13/06 09:55 PM Re: When life takes a good friend!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I have outlived so many childhood and teen found friends for all different reasons.

I too, asked God, why, did he take them and let me live beyond their existence on Earth?
I thought in the past that Satan had control over me, but that was when I was a kid and thought that I never meant anything to God.

Maybe I must be good for something, I guess I was never really bad in his World, and never hurt anyone.

Why does God not take real bad ppl, because Satan can hold power over us more than God, if we do not accept Gods' will and commandments.

God gave me the will to just go one step further than other men, and so much more as a child.
He carried me when I could not walk, he gave me the power to forgive the unforgivable, in knowing that hopefully he will take me in to Heaven.

He promised me all that I aspired to, as a child who was innocently taken away, from a World that he promised to the lamb of God, those who live a humble life will indeed inherit a World worthy of them to enter.

Your replies have been deeply inspiring, and sorry for not being more specific on each post, but just guess we need to think we are wanted in this World.

I aint got a car, nor a mobile phone nor ipod that peas come in, but I have what God gave us all as children, my uniqueness in life, and even though I cannot see nor identify with it right now.

It is there, I guess,

ste

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.