Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (petercorbett, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63229 Topics
442156 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#78438 - 06/02/06 05:18 PM What work for me....
TrailofTears Offline

Loc: Central Kentucky
I have found an eclectic spiritual path that does not demand that I be religious or meet any high moral standards, but does require good ethics. I have taken what works for me out of Christianity, Wicca, Native American Medicine ways, Zen Buddhism, etc and found that I do not need a mediator for my personal relationship with what I call, "Sacred Spirit".
Many people have told me that I cannot be all of these things, but you can when you transcend the idea that "Divinity" or "God" only belongs to a certain group of people!!! This brand of spirituality allows me to start with the premise that I am sacred and whole and good from the "get-go".
Perhaps some day, when peole have gotten over their finger-pointing attitude, the differences in the spiritual paths will bring us all together, as I believe they were intended to do.
It also helped not to call divinity "father".
ToT

#78439 - 06/02/06 05:28 PM Re: What work for me....
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ohio
there is a time quickly aproaching when all the world will unite, where one will fulfill all things in all these views. it is written that the world will wander after him, and worship him. when he comes, healing the sick, calling lightening down on command, the world will believe in him.

i am afraid i dont have the room to consider all these things. that was removed from me. i know God, and without doubt, how could i even fathom anything else?

all will be set right in the end. i know that, and i trust that God will not lose a single deserving soul. whatever path you are led is between you and he. follow where you are led. in the end, His will will be done.

#78440 - 06/02/06 05:57 PM Re: What work for me....
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
ToT,

There are many spiritual paths in the world, and each has many people who find it spiritually fulfilling and important. I think you just have to find the one that speaks to your soul and beckons you. I personally think that a genuinely merciful God isn't into the business of condemning people for spiritual diversity.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#78441 - 06/02/06 09:49 PM Re: What work for me....
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
ToT,

I guess I am pretty spiritual, but let us not get off track.
Spiritualism is to realise who you really are, or were born to be.

I have read into many religions, some I love and some I dont like.
Why dont I like them!
Because those bad people choose to use it for a tool in society.

If I see a muslim, I dont think he/she, is a terrorist, but others discriminate because they are muslim.

The same as all faiths, they are infiltrated by satanic people who blame religion on the ills of the world.

People whatever their religion can be really good and decent people who are loved by those they meet.
People who say they are religious can also use it as a tool for or against society or their own goals.

I read of shamanic people who live throughout the globe and as far away from each other as you could put them.

They think alike, even though they could never have had contact with each other.
I read about power animals that you can summon within you.

You can choose any power animal, but it must be a powerful animal or bird not fish.
I chose the tiger, a noble fleeting animal with honed awareness of all that surrounds him.

I summon him when I am feeling a bit down, and it works.
There was a time when I could not look anyone in the eyes because I thought they could see I was abused.

I walked with my head bowed and had difficulty making eye contact with anyone for fear of them knowing.

Then when I got over that and looked and smiled at ppl, they all wanted to come in.
Dont get me wrong, I didnt know even the message I was sending out by being me.

So guess I hide in my shell because my boundaries dont let me know who to safely let in,

ste

#78442 - 06/03/06 04:29 PM Re: What work for me....
TrailofTears Offline

Loc: Central Kentucky
"One day, I noticed everyone had drawn a circle around themselves to keep me out, so I drew a bigger circle that would include everyone."

Anonymous

#78443 - 06/08/06 02:12 PM Re: What work for me....
newo Offline

Loc: CA, USA
I like edwin markhams classic lines

"He drew a circle that shut me out.
Heritic, Rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the will to win.
We drew a circle that took him in."

Smiles

OKW

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.