Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#78420 - 06/01/06 06:57 PM A Dream
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ohio
I had a dream. In it, I stood before Christ. We didnít speak. I just knew. It was like He saw right into my mind. I knew He knew everything. He knew my sins, and he looked at me with a sad expression and a tear ran down His cheek. I have never felt so naked and so exposed in my life. You cannot imagine the shame I felt for all these sins I had done, for He knew them all. Needless to say it was dream that moved me and changed me deeply. I will not call it a vision, for I donít know that it was, but it was something to experience. The next time you want to rationalize your way into something, or maybe the next time you are about to do something you know you shouldnít, keep in mind there are no secretes in the end. You might hide them from your mate, or from the world, but how will you hide them in the end?

#78421 - 06/01/06 08:00 PM Re: A Dream
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Hi, nice to see you back.

Yes, as a little boy, I also thought that I had sinned for things that I had no control over.
God, in your dream was crying a tear for a life that was not supposed to have been so hard.

Did you see an aura of light that you could not even imagine in the dream?
Did his presence welcome you with a mass of warmth.

I can go back to about 12/13yo, when I guess I was too weak to even move.
I got out of bed then just about managed to crawl back in, I was terrified.

I felt like I was being taken to God, and saw all this light, but just didnt want to go yet.
He let me go back, and it was a real experience.
He told me, it is not time for me to go.

I think the docs sedated me for four days before I came around and felt so good as I have never felt before.

That made me believe there is a higher presence.

Thanks for the dream,

ste

#78422 - 06/01/06 08:29 PM Re: A Dream
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

i had an experience where i am certain it was a vision to help guide me, but that was maybe 13-14 years ago. no, this one was more like just a dream, but it was equally moving. i guess it has made me want to be a better person. i dont want to hurt Christ by my sin. i want Him to be proud of me. i realize no one is perfect, but i can try, and repent when i fall short.

#78423 - 06/01/06 08:58 PM Re: A Dream
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Imagine a world where we all did that!
If you look at a young child and see the innocence they have, it is what we all should have had.

I am lucky, in that I remember that innocence and abandon that was taken away.
It is a creation that we do good to others and others do good in return.

It is the "butterfly effect", if we pay it forward and show the inner beauty of the child we were born as, and not the horrible things that have stopped us from opening our boundaries up, then we can start to live proper.

I will be posting pics from my cathedral soon, and it empowers me to be in there, and I really feel so special in that place.

Every time I fall down, God must be picking me up again, dusting me down and keeping me strong.
I suppose I really always have never really stepped off at the crossroads.

I think that ppl seem to think, OK, I have sinned once, so one more sin, wont make me any worse.
All sins are tallied up and marked against your life.

If someone, especially a kid sees everyone else sinning, they just accept it is right to sin.
That is how we find ourselves in a world were sin is a way of living.

As long as it does not involve me,

ste

#78424 - 06/01/06 09:50 PM Re: A Dream
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

pay it forward ,yes.

#78425 - 06/02/06 12:10 PM Re: A Dream
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

this is the thing, repentance can give any of us a clean start. as it is written in Acts 3:19, upon repenting our sins are blotted out. they dont exist. it is like they never happened. the ones that we will answer for are those we havent repented for, but i too have done the old rationalization thing. you know where you talk yourself into sinning. rationalizing is a bad thing to do.

#78426 - 06/02/06 03:54 PM Re: A Dream
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

if i believe that then dont i have to believe that my perp can also be excused from what he did ,i dont think repentence is the key its not doing the bad thing in the first place ,lots of the devout churchgoing people i know think its ok to be a complete asshole all week long and do anything they want to good or bad ,because every sunday they can go to church ,ask forgivness ,and then do it all over again next week ,to them god is like a get out of jail free card ,is that really how its supposed to work?i mean there are sins like thinking bad about somebody ,but abuse is an act against gods children ,if god can forgive that then why even worry about sinning at all?

#78427 - 06/02/06 04:38 PM Re: A Dream
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

repentance is a change of heart. have you really had a change of heart if you say you're sorry and turn around and do it again without care?

leave the judging to our Father. if our perps are good men, they will find forgiveness, and they should if they are good. if they are good, and made a mistake, they will make good brothers in Heaven. God knows thier heart. there are those that are simply evil. they may repent with thier lips, but thier heart is far from God. God knows that, and He will judge them accordingly.

we are taught to forgive as many times as it is needed. you forgive as much for yourself as for the one that sinned against you. carrying it around isnt healthy. i find a lot of peace in knowing that in the end Mat will get what is coming to him. If he is a good man that only made a mistake, then as a Christian and as a brother, i should forgive. if he is truly evil at heart, he will be turned to ashes, and those that remain will have no memory of him, and again he will have gotten what he deserves.

#78428 - 06/02/06 04:45 PM Re: A Dream
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
people i know think its ok to be a complete asshole all week long and do anything they want to good or bad ,because every sunday they can go to church ,ask forgivness ,and then do it all over again next week
If you look at all those shady politicians who kill innocent lives going to church, does it not churn your stomach.

There are a lot of good people who go to church, and a lot of assholes who go to make themselves look like they are worthy of Gods house.

God said;

"Whomsoever shall hurt the little ones will bear a millstone for all eternity"

The millstone is only ours for a lifetime, then we put it where it belongs,

ste

#78429 - 06/02/06 04:49 PM Re: A Dream
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Shadow,

Quote:
lots of the devout churchgoing people i know think its ok to be a complete asshole all week long and do anything they want to good or bad ,because every sunday they can go to church ,ask forgivness ,and then do it all over again next week ,to them god is like a get out of jail free card ,is that really how its supposed to work?
I think it would be fair to say that it doesn't work like that. Genuine repentance would mean that the person repenting would recognize the harm he had done. He not only would seek not to repeat it; he would also try to compensate for what he has done already. So no "Get out of jail free" card.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.