Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 22 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441426 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#78347 - 05/07/06 10:22 PM Say a prayer or time to spare
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I guess if we all say a prayer, it is good for the world.
Passing on good thoughts are pretty much the same thing.

Just try being your mind for five minutes a day.
Blank out all emotions and just think how good it would be to take someone out of hurt.

I guess its not impossible,

ste

#78348 - 05/08/06 04:11 PM Re: Say a prayer or time to spare
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Personally I never stop praying. I try to keep up an ongoing (and silent) conversation as I go about my day. Just my way, I guess. I do it in little ways, for example if I hear a sad story about someone, I try to whisper a little prayer, usually something like, "please take care of them."

Actually, reading this I think one of the reasons I do this is because I find that talking directly to God is a bit like drinking from a fire hose. Rather than get the full blown effect once a day I like to spread the euphoria around. That way I can take things in my time, plus I get to feel joy all day. ;\)

- Mel Brooks

#78349 - 05/08/06 04:28 PM Re: Say a prayer or time to spare
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Prayer is one area where I still have trouble, having been abused by a Scout leader who was also big in our church. I know it's not a productive feeling, but Little Larry still feels ashamed to pray after all the things that he was made to do.

Another area to work on.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#78350 - 05/08/06 05:05 PM Re: Say a prayer or time to spare
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

who should i pray to?during my abuse i prayed every day the prayers of a kid living in hell .i cant say they were ever answered ,so i just stopped praying at all. yes i survived but on my own . shadow

#78351 - 05/08/06 05:13 PM Re: Say a prayer or time to spare
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Adam,

I don't know if you have heard me mention this book in the past, but it helped me a lot and it might help you. It's When Bad Things Happen to Good People by Harold Kushner. Copies are very cheap on Amazon. The book is by a Jewish rabbi, but it isn't religious propaganda. It's the thoughts of a father who lost his son to a terrible debilitating illness.

Please believe me when I say I am not trying to preach at you. Kushner doesn't do that either. I think you will be surprised at how he sees things.

I don't think one needs to be religious to benefit from reading this book. I will just say that it helped me to put down a lot of anger.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#78352 - 05/08/06 05:22 PM Re: Say a prayer or time to spare
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I say a prayer every day on the river, I also say a prayer at night for all those in darkness.

Adam, none of us thought God listened, but you are here, a great guy.

You bring joy even though you were hurt so bad, but you have a unique way in this world,

ste

#78353 - 05/08/06 05:50 PM Re: Say a prayer or time to spare
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

the sad thing about my feelings on god is that when i said those prayers i believed with the conviction of a child ,do you remeber what you thought about god at 11 years old? i believed boy did i believe !god was like a superhero who would protect me if i was good and punish me if i was bad ,i also believed in santa and the tooth fairy ,not trying to be funny but it was that kind of belief ,even worse is the fact that i want so badly to believe in some higher power , i feel so guilty for how i feel about god .i didnt give up on god god gave up on me. even now if i try to understand ,i only get more confused,if i believe in god then i have to question why? did i do something so bad that god didnt think i deserved help? was everything punishment from god? after the abuse did i have to suffer in foster care because of how mad i was at god ?or is it simply that god was like santa and the tooth fairy ,just something adults used to make kids be good? too many questions without answers ,how can i just simply believe?is it faith? i had faith in god ,in my parents ,in the court system ,i so believed that god would protect the children but he dont does he .if god sees everything and can change it ,then dont you think it's time to wake up ?look around ,watch the news it is very hard to believe anybody is watching over the children.i have been told about free will but did the 11 year old have free will not to be abused?i have been told it made me a better person but at what price ,i have been told that it was a test of my faith !? what kind of god would put a child who he loves through that kind of hell just to see if he would still believe ? yes i know what happened to jesus but i was not a saint i was an 11 year old boy waiting for help that never came. shadow

#78354 - 05/08/06 06:03 PM Re: Say a prayer or time to spare
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Adam,

I recognize the sincerity and pain in all your questions. As I said elsewhere you have every right to be angry.

Have a look at what I say about this in my "Why me" thread. Part of the answer is that the world isn't fair. It never was. If it were fair, there would be no war, genocide, famine or disease; planes would never crash and ships would never sink. My Poppop (my name for my grandfather on my mother's side) would have lived so I could tell him what had happened to me, instead of wasting away from cancer. You and I, and all the rest of our brothers here, would have been spared the hell we endured.

Again, I hope you will look at Kushner's book. He does NOT throw religious propaganda at you.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#78355 - 05/08/06 06:13 PM Re: Say a prayer or time to spare
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yeah! What price is there to pay!
I screamed at God also, we all did, no kid should be left to figure it out, not now, or in the past.

Every day we relive great tragedy on Earth, but God cannot stop the evil among the good.

I remember seeing a woman pushing her son around the shops on a regular basis, he must have been around 12yo.

He did look very ill, and I thought!
Why does God do this, why does he let little ones suffer with ill health.

Then I just never saw him again, so I guess he died, but that is the nature of life, and how desperately tough it can be to witness tragedy such as that.

Yeah, we all pretty got pissed off with spiritual things, but it was one of the only things I had to use as a crutch, possibly you too,

ste

#78356 - 05/08/06 06:32 PM Re: Say a prayer or time to spare
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Larry, can you post a link to your why me thread? I can't find it.

Thx

And to follow on the thread, I think evil occurs because we have all been given free will. Some choose to do evil. Others do not. I'm not sure that God would stop evil from happening, because in so doing, he would remove that free will. Where he does intervene, I think, is on the other side, i.e., there are good people doing his work. Personally I think MS is made up of some of those people, so Adam et al, when you ask "where is God" I would say "he's right here."

Just a thought.

- Mel Brooks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.