Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
6 registered (tbkkfile, unhappycamper, Scott1962, 3 invisible), 27 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63794 Topics
445496 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#78255 - 02/15/06 06:23 AM What dreams tell...
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
Dreams are my wonderful guide...
try this.... Dream Merchants

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#78256 - 02/15/06 08:44 AM Re: What dreams tell...
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

do you know of any place,that deals with bad dreams ? or helps explain them? thanks adam

#78257 - 02/15/06 01:26 PM Re: What dreams tell...
Morning Star Offline

Journalling makes dream interpretation easy and helps us decipher between 'house cleaning' dreams and message dreams, which can also be bad dreams, if they are recurring, it usually means there is message that you need to get from it.

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#78258 - 02/15/06 06:26 PM Re: What dreams tell...
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Morning Star,

What especially interests me - and this just occurred to me today - is the fact that I can suddenly see that certain distressing and recurring dreams I had in the past have been gone for several months now. I'm not sure what that means.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#78259 - 02/16/06 02:52 AM Re: What dreams tell...
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

me too larry ,same one over and over ,used to be just once in a while but lately its everynight ,getting scared to sleep. adam

#78260 - 02/16/06 06:11 PM Re: What dreams tell...
Bobby Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona
Wow! Thought I had nothing to think about here. I don't dream at all about my abuse...nothing. But I did have one recurring dream when I was a kid. Every time I got sick and had a fever, I would dream that there was this birthday party for a little girl,and at some point, I would always end up on a railroad track running from a locomotive. The running would always be in slow motion. I'm old, and so the front of the train in the dream was round like the old locomotives and had a face on it, sort of like "The Little Engine that Could". The face was my father's and it was chasing me down the railroad track and telling me that it was going to get me. I could never run fast enough to get away from him. I remember waking up from the dream once and telling my mother "I'm afraid of something, but I don't know what it is." That was when I was about 8 or 9. Since I didn't start having memories until about five years ago, I never connected the dream with the abuse, but it certainly seems to make sense now. When one is dealing with repressed memories, everything that either seems to affirm or refute those memories becomes very important. And, believe it or not, we really do want the truth....even though somewhere deep down inside, we already know it.

Bobby

#78262 - 02/17/06 07:21 AM Re: What dreams tell...
Morning Star Offline

Adam, Larry,
Just as bobby recently reconnected his jigsaw puzzle about his dreams I hope you too can do the same by journalling or simply paying closer attention to the details and metaphors.

Dreams are the messages from the subconsious and bad dreams are replays of past energy moments to release trapped energies, that otherwise come out as PTSDs.

It might be a release for an old fears that you are not willing or able to face in real life, once you face it, it will not longer trouble you.

You can assist your dreams by consciously releasing your old memories of fear and hurt thru various meditative practises. Like one used by dream healers, Revisit a dream immediately after you have woken up, and replay it, only this time be empowered and change the settings and events in your favour. Once you do that in your favour they would never repeat again.
Just make sure you believe in your power to change your past. In your dreams to begin with.

#78263 - 03/07/06 03:29 AM Re: What dreams tell...
shadowkid Offline
MaleSurvivor

my dreams are not somewhere i would want to go volantarily ,my dreams are dangerous, if i look for meaning in them ,if they are trying to tell me to face it ,i cant ,i just cant . i shouldnt ,its not safe . i should say dream because i only have one over and over ,and i know what it is telling me but i cant do what they want .sorry i'm rambling adam

#78264 - 04/08/06 10:23 PM Re: What dreams tell...
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Adam,

one way I learned was to shout at these dreams, and tell them you had enough hurt from them.
They are fragments or pieces in the jigsaw puzzle we call life.

I had a dream this morning that I was in prison, and the main bully in lifes father was the prison guard over my prison sentence.

He was a pretty big guy, and was much older than I knew him, but no words were said, and I dont know whether he was releasing me from what his son did to me back then.

I always sought to make my life my own little prison, just to keep away from further hurt.
I would build houses with bricks and put the windows too high for any normal house.

I would build my own prison without windows, and I would have the cell in the middle where nobody could get to me.

My father smashed these prisons up, and told me not to do any more of them, but I got to smash them before he came home, so he would not notice that I built them.

My dreams always seem to be parallel to who I find myself to be, and where I would like to be.
But surely it is mine and everybodys right to just be where they should be, as men born into this World!

Guess I really did give up on knowing/being me,

ste

#78265 - 04/08/06 10:31 PM Re: What dreams tell...
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Adam,

Quote:
my dreams are dangerous, if i look for meaning in them ,if they are trying to tell me to face it ,i cant ,i just cant . i shouldnt ,its not safe
Dreams can be very frightening, but they cannot hurt us. They reflect fears that affect us, and when we are asleep at night our mind reflects on them in a lot of symbolic ways we might not understand.

But we should talk about them. For all sorts of reasons that will help to break their power of fear over us.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.