Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 31 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63225 Topics
442118 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#78234 - 02/03/06 02:46 PM Expanded Consciousness
The Seeker Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I spend lots of time in my own head internalizing my own shit, but every now and then (more and more in fact) my mind or consciousness seems to expand to greater boundaries. For example, it moves beyond the small space I hold and goes outward. My vision expands gradually till I can see all this stuff out there. Then, I get a sense of all the things beyond what I can see - people, animals, landscapes, buildings stretching further and further. It makes my troubles seems smaller, and it is kind of refreshing. All this without the use of drugs, etc. Sometimes I think I am crazy but generally I feel like life is somehow being revealed to me - a sense of interconnectedness. Does this happen to anyone else here? And if so, how does this experience affect you? Just wondering if I am nuts or enlightened. :p

John

#78235 - 02/03/06 02:53 PM Re: Expanded Consciousness
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
John,

Sounds pretty enlightened to me bro! From what you say, it's all about seeing that you are a part of a lot of other things - some of them very positive - that have nothing to do with your abuse issues. I think it's wonderful that you have that perspective.

If that's going nuts I would like to move into the asylum with you! ;\)

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#78236 - 02/04/06 05:34 AM Re: Expanded Consciousness
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
Expanding consciousness, yes that is what you are doing unconsciously. It is a powerful meditation technique that I believe you are receiving thru your guide, that is your Higher Self.
I suggest you make it part of your daily practise. It is fun and always gives fresh perspective whenever I feel stuck in this dimension, sometimes unidimensional viewing makes us feel so.

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#78237 - 02/04/06 06:52 AM Re: Expanded Consciousness
Don-NY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Long Island, NY
No question it is Enlightenment. A glimpse anyway. It is a taste of Oneness.

Baba Ram Dass calls it "Being Here Now".

The boundaries between I and "not I" dissolve, or are seen as simple mental constructs which we must create and maintain to navigate through the world. When they are seen in this way, they can be bypassed, or ignored for a little while.

There have been a handful of such moments in my life that were so potent, I can remember each one perfectly, even after decades.

I can mentally summon up the air, the light, the sounds, and a memory of the feeling. Those are rare and special moments, and they can be practiced, if not willfully created. At the least, we can train ourselves to recognize, appreciate, and aspire to them

Be Here Now.

I recommend the movie "What the (bleep) do we know?" It moves your understanding of these states and moments beyond mystical or philosophical into the realms of biology, science, art, time, and space.

And the books, "The Tao of Physics", and "The Turning Point", by Fritjof Capra. These also do a remarkable job of explaining the Oneness, by showing how two seemingly opposing mental constructs, Science & Religion/Philosphy are so similar at their most basic levels as to be one thing looked at from two directions.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.