Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, tbkkfile, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63232 Topics
442173 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#268166 - 12/21/08 03:42 AM Re: I Found Christmas [Re: WalkingSouth]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Darrel and John,

I remember the two of you returning to that terrible place a few years ago with Dwayne and discovering that the shack is gone. It no longer existed, but you two have grown up to become two good strong men who have reached out in the world and touched the lives of other hurting guys in so many positive ways.

There is so much yet to be done. We are now 6000 as opposed to the 3000 of late 2005, and even that number hardly scratches the surface of the harm that continues to be done to defenseless innocent boys all around us in the world. We need the kind of example you set, and I hope yours continues to inspire and encourage others now and in the future, just as it has over the past three years.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#268254 - 12/21/08 09:44 PM Re: I Found Christmas [Re: roadrunner]
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ogden Utah, USA
Jim,

It's good to see you too! I have not posted on the site much in the last year and a half. I really don't know just why, probably I was just busy doing other things. (I'll post more on that later.) I have stopped by from time to time and read posts tho.

Love ya
Darrel

#268256 - 12/21/08 10:02 PM Re: I Found Christmas [Re: Derdlecar]
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

John,

You are very welcome, and many thanks for you too! Having you for my brother has made life a lot easier to handle.

I've been thinking about that old shack quite a bit the last few days and there are several things that I am thankful for when it come to that old shack. Here they are.

1. It's not there anymore.

2. The taxi guy who took us there is disabled.

3. The wounds we received there are healing.

And here is the big one.

4. WE WERE NEVER TAKEN THERE TOGETHER!!!

I am so very glad that you did not have to see what he did to me.

Love ya Brother
Darrel

#268258 - 12/21/08 10:24 PM Re: I Found Christmas [Re: Derdlecar]
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry,

The very thought that there are more than 6000 of us, the fact that there is a need for a website such as MaleSurvivor.org, and like you say, the 6000 hardly scratches the surface, it's all quite overwhelming.

I'm working on a project that I think can touch the lives of many and when I look at the big picture, I realize that this too will only be a drop in the bucket when compared to the magnitude of the problem. One could get discouraged, but do you know what? I can touch the lives of those in my sphere of influence. I can make a difference to them. If we all bloom where we are planted, we can fill the world with flowers. To me, this is exciting. I don't have to do it all myself.

And Larry, I want to also thank you for the support you have given me over the last three years.

Love ya
Darrel

#268262 - 12/21/08 11:32 PM Re: I Found Christmas [Re: Derdlecar]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, Again all above. Darrel, I have read your post over and over since my last post on it. You have given me hope, you probably have given my answer on where was God. A while back I wrote a letter Trusting God No Longer, pertaining to where was HE for ME, where was HIS Mother? It is posted in the spirituality site. But the more I read your posting, the more I realise that it was me who gave up on HIM. He had taken this young boy into His care by being in a Catholic orphanage/Home, there I was protected from all of my perpetrators, including my "mother", for atleast 9 months of the year, for 4 years. But the more compassion, understanding and love that I receive from those of us boys who are now MEN, I can see that God sure plays a huge part in our recovery. I should have paid more attention to my AA book and meetings about a "higher" power, even then I did not choose GOD, I chose my 4 year old son, but until recently I never gave GOD credit. But now I realise that HE was working through my 4 year old boy. And now I realise that Little Pete & Big Peter owe him our very existence, as HE was always there. From the depths of this screwed up soul of mine, Thanks. Heal well. I wish you a very Blessed Christmas and day of healing.
Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#268280 - 12/22/08 08:56 AM Re: I Found Christmas [Re: petercorbett]
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Pete,

I am so very glad to hear that you were blessed by my post. To me, that is what MaleSurvivor is all about, we share what has worked for us and others benefit.

And you have a very Blessed Christmas too!

Love ya
Darrel

#268864 - 12/27/08 03:23 AM Re: I Found Christmas [Re: WalkingSouth]
1love4christ Offline

Loc: ca, usa
thanks for sharing, great testimony and you are absolutely right, God was there with jesus while suffering the worst persecution of paying the debt of sin.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.