Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bear (42), BoyNoMore (56), Daniel_05 (40), James Landrith (44), john kay (41)
Who's Online
3 registered (Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC, Obi, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63542 Topics
443966 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#78017 - 11/23/05 12:10 PM Re: Views on God
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
The one thing that helped me get over my prejudices for God was the knowledge that forgiveness come easier when we realise that whatever we are going thru in life or will is all our Karma coming back to us.

The best thing we can do is to allow the experiences to pass thru and probably learn from them so that we dont go thru them again.

To rise after each fall that is what we are all here to learn. We are all here, on our way home.

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#78019 - 11/23/05 04:54 PM Re: Views on God
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
I used to curse god a lot. It reached the point that I blamed him for everything wrong with my life. My prostitution, drug addiction, screwing up a career, damn near destroying my marriage and even my appearance (because I hid the body that I thought got me into trouble).

I do believe in a supreme entity. But I really believe that we suffer from benign neglect. What he/she/it has given us is the ability to make choices and then the ability to act on those choices.

So we have the ability to make the choice of being a victim/survivor add infinitem and we can make that choice reality. We can also choose to become a survivor/live life as we were meant to.

The first is relatively easy. But what do we gain from that? Abosolutely the status quo. The pain the rage the guilt the disfunctiion relationships that we have.

The second is really hard work. Is it worth it? Ask anybody who has or is travelling that road. That would include all of us here and others who are trying to do it on their own. But it is our choice.

Speaking personally I thank he/she/it for giving me these great gifts now. I also am thankful for my friends here and in my personal life and for my Wife and my daughter and my wife's family. I have a lot to be thankful for.

The SA prostitution drug addiction and career destruction happened and was cause and effect. I have changed my values and beliefs around those happenings and am doing my best to keeping them from influencing today and the future. I am happy to say, for the most part, I am successful but then I am not perfect. I do know that my life is a hell of a lot better because of the gifts I have been given.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#78020 - 11/24/05 11:15 AM Re: Views on God
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

It is not position of me to question God. We are not equals. I am not a God, I am just me, and my brain sure can not handle such weight of such questions. To me, it is much easier to ask 'Why not' instead 'Why'. There is free will of humans. Humans are not all good. Some damage between people, persons to person, will happen. It will be to me, or to person next to me, or to other person down the road. At least to me, I can handle it and recover of it, and will not kill myself in weakness or become bad and harm another from the abuse. That is part of God also, that he make me strong enough to deal with what happen, to stop it, and to not become someone who would do such to others. I rather attempt time to try understand me, which is hard enough some times, and I just keep faith I will understand God, and my life and the world when I am meant to. I can not hurry it.

Andrei

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.