Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
5 registered (highflight, GT13568, pufferfish, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63208 Topics
441975 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77944 - 09/07/05 02:18 PM Make the leap
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
Quote:
In a classical text entitled "The Questions of King Milinda," a monk named Nagasena uses an allegory. . .

A group of people gathered on the edge of a flooding stream want to go to the far shore but are afraid. They don't know what to do until one wise person comes along, assesses the situation, takes a running leap and jumps to the other side. Seeing the example of that person, the others say, "Yes, it can be done." Then they also jump. In this story the near shore is our usual confused condition, and the far shore is the awakened mind. Inspired by witnessing another, we say, "Yes, it can be done." That is one level of faith. After we have jumped ourselves, when we say, "Yes, it can be done," that is quite another level of faith.
-Sharon Salzberg, Tricycle: The Buddhist Review, Vol. VI, #3

Let's all make the leap into healing.

#77945 - 09/07/05 02:34 PM Re: Make the leap
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
What if you fall in :p \:\)

ste

#77946 - 09/07/05 03:02 PM Re: Make the leap
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
Ah! That is a great question! I would say you have a choice of sitting on the shore feeling (insert abuse induced emotion here) and wishing you could try the jump.

You could fall in, with the satisfaction that you tried... pick yourself up... make the leap again.

Or you could make the leap... Land... And find yourself the happiest person you know. \:D

#77947 - 09/07/05 03:34 PM Re: Make the leap
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Yes, it is a nice way of feeling, and I have been practicing this jump for many years :p

One final leap and I am there, it is all I ever wished for ;\)

ste

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.