Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
4 registered (thevision, CafeMan, 2 invisible), 71 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62516 Topics
438105 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77793 - 07/19/05 10:51 PM What I believe in life
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I suppose that not so many people read this forum, but it is to me the best forum here.

My faith got me through so much, it kept me so much in touch with my inner self, and how I relate to life as it is my teacher.

I meet so many people in life, some want to hurt others are so, so, but so many touch my inner core, the part that was hurt.

My faith helped me to be here, through past hurt, that I never thought was possible.

From childhood to the present day, I have been lucky to still be here, and I dont really know why God intervenes this way, but I suppose he must do.

I was a deeply religious kid who cried to God, to save him from all the hurt he was going through, and although he never knew it, God was already helping him through traumatic events that were not his to own.

Events of the past can pail into non existence with hurt I see of the past, so should I just say, hey, forget about it?

I know that past hurt cannot hurt me now, but it is still hurt deep down inside of me, and maybe I see the world a little bit different than ordinary folk.

If I watch the first few minutes of Xmen, and see the kid who sees his parents taken away, and the extraordinary powers of the kids mind, then I feel this way, and it makes me cry so much to see that scene, it is intense, and to the point.

That is my mind, cooked or what?

ste

#77795 - 07/21/05 10:26 PM Re: What I believe in life
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Kev, a lot of things have already happened in your life, some of them you blame upon yourself.

God gives us rules to work with, he gives us them to make life good and safe, he also gives us free will.

Ok, I read so much into bible and stuff when I can, and I try to read what God is doing, but God is mysterious, and although he cannot stop hurt happening to us, he can sure protect us after the hurt.

I think that God says, that who should ever hurt the little ones shall live in eternal agony, he shall be caste with an eternal millstone around his neck for destroying a childs life.

I suppose eternal means more than life, but God is forgiving, he is all forgiving, but you cannot destroy the life of a child.

In my life, I have been in situations, where I should have died, but there was intervention, and I am not the only one to witness these things here.

This World is about what you really give it, and how you relate to it, sometimes being hurt can make you feel strong, and it makes you more compassionate than most folks.

Is this not what God expects of us? Of course he does, but I am not a bible puncher, I just read things that make sense in the bible, but NO, God, can not stop bad things happen.

He can only open the eyes of people, to see the hurt, and he can only do it through people like you who witness it, those who choose to break the silence and talk.

ste

#77796 - 07/21/05 11:32 PM Re: What I believe in life
ForeverFighting Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Mexico, USA
I believe God does care, which is saying a lot, because my family was a bunch of religious hypocrites who thanked God for the flowers in the middle of a restaurant but then beat and SA the kids at home. I don't blame God for what I went through. God, like any good parent, has kids that do the right thing and kids that do the wrong thing. My family made up some of God's bad kids.

I stay away from most religions and stick to the Bible. Half of what the bozos in church say is not in the Bible. I don't even think they've read it. Otherwise they wouldn't make stupid remarks like "It was god's will". The Bible never says God goes around taking people and hurting kids. One of my favorite places in the Bible says just how God feels when people hurt kids.
Quote:
Exodus 22:22-24 “YOU people must not afflict any... fatherless boy. If you should afflict him at all, then if he cries out to me at all, I shall unfailingly hear his outcry; and my anger will indeed blaze...
I believe God cares very much what happened to us. He helps us through places like this, friends who care, and through people who really do read the Bible.

I also agree with what ste said. "Sometimes being hurt can make you feel strong, and it makes you more compassionate than most folks." At least we have feeling for people who have been hurt. Even if the abuse damaged our lives in so many ways, we have an empathy for people that my family will never understand. And coming out of that, maybe God can use us to help other kids who've been through terrible things and are hurting.

Michael

"This search for the truth--it's not for the faint of heart."--Goren on 'Law & Order: CI'
"The former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart."--Isaiah 65:17

#77798 - 07/22/05 06:00 PM Re: What I believe in life
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Kev my prayers will be with you, they always are anyway, and for all in here.

Everything will turn out fine,

ste

#77799 - 07/23/05 03:43 AM Re: What I believe in life
Don-NY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Long Island, NY
Kev,

Just wanted to acknowledge what you are going to do. Reporting this to the police will be tough and scary but it is a major positive thing FOR YOU. Steep!!! - YEAH

It's the right thing, and a good thing, no matter how it turns out in the long run.

Proud of you Kev, and happy for you.

Donald

P.S.
And nice work in school. Hope you really enjoy the rest of your summer.

#77800 - 07/23/05 05:28 AM Re: What I believe in life
Michael Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Claremore, Oklahoma
Take heart that at least you have the opportunity to confront your abuser. Both the men that abused me are both dead, so I can never confront them. I can never get justice. Take the opportunity whiole you can. I waited 42 years to deal with mine.

Be strong even when you feel you can't, for that in itself will give you more strentgh than you though possible. Persevere.

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.