Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
1 registered (petercorbett), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63793 Topics
445487 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77778 - 06/25/05 01:39 AM like a child
parttimecop Offline

I suppose the verse where Jesus says we must accept the kingdom of Heaven like a child is hard enough for normal people. But I don't really know what being a child is like. Maybe some scattered early memories, but because my abuse happened so young I don't understand what a child is like. For practical purposes I never was one. Anybody else have this feeling?

#77779 - 06/25/05 01:58 AM Re: like a child
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
part-timecop - It is really hard first to realize you weren't a "normal, usual" child and secondly, what others talk about in childhood is alien to you. Yes, I was actually two children...the one I showed in the neighborhood and to "the gang" [my buds] and the real me behind closed door with my closer, more intimate same-age buds. But I think Jesus is referring to a mindset which we didn't have as a child but the child we wished we were! Does that make sense?

Howard

#77780 - 06/26/05 10:59 AM Re: like a child
sabooka Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: I would like to know also
Parttimecop I am not christian but I interpret that statement of the bible differently. I think they are saying that you must embrace god with no prejudice or preconcieved ideas. It is the same as going back to before adam ate the apple. That was the childhood of humanity and I think it is reffering to that. If you have nor preconceptions or expectations when you feel close to god it is something real and not what you think it should be like.

Just a thought
Jonathan

#77781 - 07/07/05 09:12 PM Re: like a child
FastForward Offline

Loc: US
Parttimecop - I know what you mean. But I believe all is not list. Few moments with a child that is free to be him or herself can be a great insight. It can also be very hurtful at first when realization of great loss hits. Go easy. You can experience childlike moments at any age! \:\)

L&P - always.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.