Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (PhoenixRising, 1 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63431 Topics
443429 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77760 - 06/05/05 05:39 PM Re: mixed up
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Hey Kev, dont beat yourself down. I think we either think there is a God, or we dont.

Sometimes we think he isnt doing anything worthwhile especially when we see the things that are going on in the World.

God works in mysterious ways, and maybe he has helped you out on occasions that you dont even think he is there, but he helped me out a lot in the past.

People here will forgive you for being rude because they know you dont mean to be. ;\)

ste

#77761 - 06/06/05 03:06 AM Re: mixed up
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

Kev,

Your to good to be hard on yourself, u are a good and caring guy, not just here but your little bros at home. We all make mistakes and we kick ourselves to much, we are not perfect, we say stuff that we didn't mean, or it came out wrong, or say stuff without thinking it's impact on others etc..

Where they are 2 people together we have have these problems and where there are a bunch of people watch out. \:\) \:\) They are part of life and we deal with the best way we can.

U handled it like I am glad u did. U stepped up to the plate right of way and said u were sorry. It take a real man inside to admit it and u should be proud, I am.

U learned something here that I had a hard time learning when i was younger, I got smacked around to learn it, but U learned in the safety net of guys that really care and watch out 4 u. Perfect learning environment.

About the stuff u had to deal with, the operation, your uncle having a heart attack etc... U had no control over anyone of them.

I go to church every sunday and I believe in God, people told me how could U after being abused in the bathroom at church, I just do. I find a lot of comfort at church with a different perspective on everything. A lot of stuff have happened to me where poeple told me, how on earth did u survive that crash... they told me I was lucky and I told them an angel was watching over me.

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

#77763 - 06/06/05 03:22 PM Re: mixed up
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Kevin,

Your post doesn't look juvenile at all; it looks like you mean exactly what you say. That's what's important on that account.

The issues you raise have troubled people all over the world for thousands of years. Every year when I teach my philosophy class the big issue that students like is suffering. It brings out all the frustrations and anger they have bottled up inside.

You are carrying around a lot of guilt Kevin, and I understand why. But it wasn't your fault, and anything you did to fight back as a desperate frightened child - that wasn't your fault either. As I told you in another post: not then, not now, not ever.

If you think going to church might be helpful to you, then I would say by all means go. See how it works out.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#77764 - 06/06/05 04:28 PM Re: mixed up
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Hi Kevin,

I kno how frustrating it can be sometimes when God lets bad things happen - sometimes we feel all alone - but we're not - we never are - I kno my spiritual views are sometimes kinda weird - so if ya don't agree w/ me that's totaly ok - but I see it liek as if ther's just as much bad as good in the world - like some kind of cosmic balance or some sort of weird thing - just cause we had bad things happen to us does not mean that all of the world is bad - there is good out there to be found - just as when you found that church when you were in need

church has saved my life (quite literaly) - just cause we did bad things does not make us unwelcome (God understands our anger cause of our pasts and does not judge us harshly for it) - all people are wlcome to come to God - if you find a church that thinks otherwise, then you need to look for a diffrent church...

am glad that things w/ your g/f and uncle have sorta worked out...

Take good care of you,

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.