Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438141 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77667 - 03/02/05 06:49 AM The Power of Acceptance
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
A few years ago, a mom of a friend of mine was diagnosed with advanced stage of brain tumour. Nothing could be done. So at that stage she just accept the truth. She embraced her tumour instead of fighting it, denying or hating it.

That acceptance not just gave her peace, it initiated the healing process.

And when she went for a check up after a few weeks, the tumour was decreasing and within a year it was gone.

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#77668 - 03/02/05 06:57 AM Re: The Power of Acceptance
Morning Star Offline

My own journey to recovery has been one of acceptance.

Once I find a fear or a pattern I am stuck in, I simply embrace it. And that moment it is gone.

Acceptance opens us to the power of our own grace. And allows the healing to happen. It is our own light that lights up another dark corner within us.

Darkness is just absense of light, like fear is absense of love and abuse is absense of compassion.

It is the lesson of compassion that we are ALL learning here.

Some choose harder ways to learn than others. But once learned it is ingrained into our very being. As it replaces the pain caused by lack of compassion.

Pain that was is our great teacher.

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#77669 - 03/03/05 06:12 AM Re: The Power of Acceptance
bda Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina
I've been working on applying skills from non-violence training to my struggle with flashbacks and nightmares. At tfirst, this was a sort of Ghani/MLK-esque determination that these "demons" could arrest me, but that they could not kill the progress that was going on.

More recently, as I've focused my spiritual life on honoring the sacred in myself and looking for and honoring the sacred in others (even when it's hard to find), my passive resitance methodologies are shifting. These days, I'm looking for the sacred in the demons, the ghostly fears of my early youth, that show up night after night. It seems the only thing that can end the cucle of violence I continue to enact on myself, is the acknowledgement of the divine in even the darkest monsters of my soul.

I'm not sure I can articulate that any more clearly yet, but it's my current spiritual practice, and I'm finding it hopeful.

Peace,
Brian

#77670 - 03/03/05 11:26 AM Re: The Power of Acceptance
Morning Star Offline

yes u said it! The monster is darkness can only be healed by our own light.

#77671 - 03/04/05 02:40 AM Re: The Power of Acceptance
Michael Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Claremore, Oklahoma
I am always amazed whe I come here. This is the very same thing my therpaist told me to do.

I was explaining that the couple of days befoer I weant in to see her I was feeling veru fragile and weak. God, I hate that feeling. She explained that next time I felt that way to not fight it. Embrace it, be one with it. In doing so, I might find that I can experience it it, let it pass, then go on from there. Not let it control me, but just experience it.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I plan on giving it a try.

#77672 - 03/04/05 11:06 AM Re: The Power of Acceptance
Morning Star Offline

I first learnt this silently observing an emotion at a theatre workshop. I was asked portray the emotion of despair in an exercise.

I asked the emotion of despair to flow thru me. Within moments, it completely took over me and I crumbled on to the floor. It was a powerful experience.

And then can moment I knew I had to let go of it. I lay still, gently observed it and it slipped out of me as an energy.leaving no trace.

That day I realized that emotions are just energies, flowing thru us, it is when we own them up, they get stuck in us, as in..."O! 'I' am angry, or 'I' am in pain"

Next time I felt that the same way, I immediately knew what was I feeling. AND what I needed to do.

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.