Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
6 registered (CafeMan, Jay1946, wiresguy1, 3 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63805 Topics
445547 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77636 - 02/13/05 11:56 PM Good thoughts for some friends
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Just wanted to put them 'out here'.

Good thoughts and love, and prayers, for two friends who each lost a family member this past week. I know that nothing negates the loss, but I hope the positive thoughts and memories of those loved ones will help through a difficult time, for these friends and their families.

And good thoughts and good luck to another friend who will be testifying at a child abuse trial in a few days. Not sexual abuse, but still horrible, and an emotional situation for my friend and everyone else who has to be involved in testimony. I will be hoping that justice is served.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#77637 - 02/14/05 04:41 AM Re: Good thoughts for some friends
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
I'll keep them all in my prayers as well - it's always hard to lose family - and I pray that justice is done in the abuse case...

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#77638 - 02/14/05 06:28 PM Re: Good thoughts for some friends
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Leosha I am with you totally on this. It is so hard to lose someone you have a deep affection for. But it is the memories of all that was good about them that live on in you and are part of what makes you who you are.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#77639 - 02/15/05 12:07 AM Re: Good thoughts for some friends
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Leosha, I will pray for these friend who are enduring sadness. I will also for the kid in the case of abuse. Abuse is never just SA, it is all the same thing hurting and denying the child his very existence to be the kid he should be, and not the kid he accepts as himself.
I ask that you also pray for someone who live next door to me, or just some good intention,

ste

#77640 - 03/06/05 10:31 AM Re: Good thoughts for some friends
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Just an update, the accused in the child abuse case was found guilty of murder. No sentence yet. But it is nice that there is SOME justice in this one.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#77641 - 03/25/05 06:25 AM Re: Good thoughts for some friends
parttimecop Offline

Jesus said strong words about those who harm children and cause them to sin. I do not know of a higher authority than that on justice and what will happen later.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.