Newest Members
Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt
12132 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 53 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12132 Members
73 Forums
62560 Topics
438340 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77622 - 01/29/05 08:35 AM Asking forgiveness?
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have had hard time, few weeks feeling not good things of some people and some situations. I do not like it. I do not like feeling anger or hate, or even upset of things. It is like it feel it is a wrong thing of me to do that. Not the person who cause it, but of me to feel that way of it.

I am trying to make myself think better of things. And I am wanting forgiveness, for feeling dark of these things. But I wonder. If to ask God for forgiveness, if really it is asking to feel better of ourself, our conscince, for feeling the bad thoughts to begin with? I am not sure I am making sense, I know what I am wanting to say, what I am meaning, but I think I say it wrong right now. Are we really asking 'forgiveness', or are we asking for peace in mind? I am just confused right now I guess.

Andrei

#77623 - 01/29/05 03:12 PM Re: Asking forgiveness?
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Andrei, I think you are just asking God for inner peace for you, and for all who are hurting.

I hope he grants you this wish,

ste

#77624 - 01/30/05 03:27 AM Re: Asking forgiveness?
parttimecop Offline

I think when you are striving towards God, you will get there. Now it is not to say there may not be stages or levels or maybe a fluid path without discrete parts. Asking to learn how to Forgive is a very Godly thing. For the right or wrong reasons in your intentions, God will still take hold of you.

#77625 - 01/31/05 10:45 AM Re: Asking forgiveness?
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
Forgiveness for me is a wonderful tool for clearing up my energy system of past events and their emotional debris.

When I forgive I actually forgive my self for myself. Everything that has ever happened to me or will, is a result of my past and present choices. I cant change the past, but what I can do is start today with blank slate. FOR THAT forgiveness is excellent tool.

When I ask forgiveness I ask forgiveness from my self.

Simply because we are all One giant energy system.

So when I no longer want to be caught up in the heaviness of regret, guilt or sadness, I pick up the tool called forgiveness.

That way we can heal our past, and stop it from defining our future. Foregiveness means giving the past the permission to heal. and giving ourselves the permission to make a fresh start.

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#77626 - 01/31/05 02:14 PM Re: Asking forgiveness?
Michael Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Claremore, Oklahoma
Very well put Morning Star!

We could all take comfort and gain wisdom from your words.

#77627 - 01/31/05 04:37 PM Re: Asking forgiveness?
Pollyanna Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
Hey Andrei,

I think it's a combination of a lot of things, including what you have mentioned.

Sometimes we don't have the strength to let go of "bad thoughts" or feelings by ourselves. We can ask for forgiveness for feeling them, if we think they are wrong, and ask God for help putting the thoughts and feelings in their places. When we do that, it does make us feel better and gives us peace of mind. Any time we try to move forward in a positive way, it is good.

So what I guess I'm trying to say, is being forgiven does bring peace of mind, clears our conscience, and does make us feel better about ourselves. It also gives us a little extra strength to "move forward". God alreaady knows what's in our hearts, what we desire, and how deeply we desire it. I think sometimes the 'asking' part is so WE understand what it is that we need from Him so we can do our part. It has helped me not to make the same old mistakes over and over again just by knowing how I got through something the first time.

I personally love the part where I don't have to go through this life "blind". When I think I'm lost, He knows exactly where I am, and the way to go, and where the help is.

I'm sure He is proud of you for always trying so hard to do what is right.

Hugs,
Lynn

Anne Lamott

#77628 - 02/14/05 04:19 PM Re: Asking forgiveness?
Morning Star Offline

To the extent that we forgive others, we are forgiven ourselves. - Caroline Myss

Forgiveness has little to do with the person who committed the injustice against you. It is more related to extracting the wisdom from the pain and allowing yourself to experience gratitude for what you learned that made you a better person. As you replace resentment toward the perpetrator with gratitude for the wisdom you gained, the person who hurt you gradually becomes emotionally irrelevant....Also, be aware that forgiveness has nothing to do with validating or excusing the perpetrator. You're forgiving for you own serenity rather than because the perpetrator deserves forgiveness.
- MARIO in myss.com

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#77629 - 02/26/05 04:32 AM Re: Asking forgiveness?
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

I know something that has helped me out tremendously. Guilt is debilitating to me, and it gives me skewed interpretations of Him.

Anway, here it is. Chronic guilt, the kind that comes when there isn't any real reason, or when it is so disproportionate, probably comes from shame. There's a old thing I've read, and it still holds true.

If a child is raised with shame, he learns to feel guilty.

That's all I have to say. I hope I didn't make you hurt more. I just now know I didn't do anything so wrong as to be constantly punished for it.

I can (could) love myself.

fhorns

#77630 - 03/02/05 08:22 AM Re: Asking forgiveness?
Morning Star Offline

Wow
Quote:
If a child is raised with shame, he learns to feel guilty.
Thank you fhorn your insight was a breakthrough for me.

with love and gratitude
AJ

#77631 - 03/06/05 10:29 AM Re: Asking forgiveness?
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
My friend,

I know that you have asked about this for two different situations, and that one has already been 'resolved' in some degree. The other lies still ahead, and I want you to remember that you never HAVE to do anything, when it comes to forgiveness. I know that you feel strongly about this, and that you feel it is for you, and not for him, and I agree completely with that. He has not earned any forgiveness. I will not try to talk you out of what you feel you must do. I will ask only that you be prepared for this person, like the previous one, to not accept any responsibility for his behavior, and to not acknowledge your effort. Please do not count on a positive response. I do not want to see you hurt by this attempt. And keep yourself SAFE, at all times. My thoughts will be with you.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.