Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bear (42), BoyNoMore (56), Daniel_05 (40), James Landrith (44), john kay (41)
Who's Online
5 registered (gettingstronger, woodenshoes, aniceguy, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63545 Topics
443977 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#77617 - 02/04/05 04:34 AM Re: Did God Create Evil?
Jeff S. Offline

Loc: Northern WIsconsin
I do not address this issue as anything like an "expert" in this field, but I am an ordained minister in the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.

I believe, teach and confess that God created a perfect universe. Lucifer or Satan, or the other names for him in the Bible, chose to use his free will to challenge God, and became the essense of evil.

I also believe that Adam and Eve were created perfect and lived in a perfect world, until they also chose of their free will to abandon that perfection in search of something "better."

Why would God give us free will, if in His omnipotence, He knew we'd choose against Him? Because I believe He'd rather have us choose Him over evil than have us respond like programmed robots.

Does that mean some people are going to do evil things? Absolutely. The need for this board is evidence of that. However, in my experience, over 45 years, I have discovered many more good people out there than evil. So, will evil continue, yes until the end of time. But then, evil will get its just reward. And if they didn't get themselves right with God, our abusers will find themselves spending eternity in hell. And good for them!!!!!

Jeff S.

#77618 - 02/04/05 02:54 PM Re: Did God Create Evil?
Michael Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Claremore, Oklahoma
The biggest confusion I have is that if God is perfect, omnipotent, and only created good, then how did Satan, Lucifer, whatever creat evil. Evil could not exist if God did not create it. To say otherwise is saying that Satan is equal to God in that he sould also create. One could take that farther and say if man created evil, then man is eaul to God also, since man was able to create.

In my twisted mind, there is a pwoer in the universe that none of us can fully understand that is comprised of both good and evil, positive and negative, and on and on. It is duality with seeds of each in the total of the other. There have been great examples of both sides throughout history, and it is up to us to decide which of the dualities will dominate us, OR.... we somehow achieve balance by understanding both.

This is what I think we are doing here: searching for understanding.

#77619 - 02/05/05 05:54 AM Re: Did God Create Evil?
sadanddown Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Gaboogistan
I have been wondering the same things. I haven't gotten an answer from anyone, even after hours of debate and questions.

Personally, I don't believe in a God anymore. I would like to think that there is something constant and something powerful and great out there, but I feel now as if I that belief is like the belief that there is a Santa Clause.

Oh well though, these things are beyond me, when I die, and if there is a God and I go meet him, I'll sure have a lot of questions for him.

Jon

#77620 - 02/05/05 09:51 AM Re: Did God Create Evil?
Bobby Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona
I don't necessarily believe these things, but they do pass through my mind from time to time. I put them out there because I really do like to discuss things from a lot of different angles...not because I wanted to upset anybody or p.... anybody off. I would be interested in what anyone thinks of the ideas. Telling me I'm full of it will not bother me in the least. Bobby

There is no good and there is no evil, there simply is. How one chooses to label that "is" is one's own business. (It all depends on what your meaning of "is" is?) If one chooses to live his life with a concept of good in evil, then he must divide his world into those two parts and everything becomes one or the other. Mostly good things would be those which are helpful and which we agree with and bad things would be those which are not helpful and which we find disdainful in some manner. If we take them personally, then we must have some sort of power in charge of each...some power to inflict us with the evil or to give is the pleasure of the good. Life is especially simple if we have no gray areas...only the good and the evil.

There is also the view of life that it is all struggle (evil) and that, if we are strong enough and brave enough to fight the good fight, we will get our reward (or find the good) at the end of what basically has been a hellish trip through the evil.

Or the view that all of the world was created good and that evil somehow seeped in and is trying to eat up the good or to defeat it or to have dominion over it. In this one the good fight is still involved.

In reality, none of that is true. We have simply found ourselves in this strange place and we must survive here any way we can. The battle cannot be won. All lives will end in death. One can look at the unpleasant things that happen to him as evil or as simply the unpleasant things that happen to him. Unpleasant things will continue to happen to him until the final unpleasant thing which he will not survive. There may or may not be a less unpleasant place after death. No one knows about this for sure, even people who think they know about this for sure do not know about this for sure.

All of us, no matter what else we believe would like very much for there to be a pleasant place for us after death on the earth. It seems only fair. We have to have that dream, or there would be no purpose to life. We have a natural drive to live, but without that belief in a wonderful life to come, it is nothing more than the natural drive not to die.

The concept of Heaven and Hell is simply a means of control...nothing more.

#77621 - 02/15/05 05:15 AM Re: Did God Create Evil?
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
Darkness is there to empower us, so that we may choose light every time.
Fear is there to empower us, so that we may choose love everytime.

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.