Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
4 registered (Austintexan, 3 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63181 Topics
441797 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77527 - 12/10/04 05:33 AM Please pray for...
MikeInFlorida Offline

Loc: Titusville
Hello Everyone,

I just found out that my mom is in the hospital with Pancreeitus (sp?). Her name is Sandy, and I could NOT have made it this far in my life if it was NOT for her. Please keep her in your prayers.

Thank you.

Mike

If you have any personal expierience with Pancreeitus, please share it with me.

#77528 - 12/10/04 06:39 AM Re: Please pray for...
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Your mom will be in my good thoughts. I have known one person, an older friend, who had Pancreatitis once. I know it was a very painful condition for him, and he was not able to eat anything for close to a week while in the hospital, they did the nutrition in the IV. I don't know much what causes it or what treatments there are, I know his was caused by some bad reaction to some medicine, I think for his blood pressure. Maybe you can go to webMD site and find out more about it? I hope she will be feeling much better soon.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#77529 - 12/10/04 09:32 PM Re: Please pray for...
TeeJayUU Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MidWest
Mike,

Consider it done! Prayers for Mike and Mom on the way!

Keep us posted!

Blessings!

TJ

#77530 - 12/10/04 09:52 PM Re: Please pray for...
brokentoys Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Hi Mike,
I hope your mom is up and about soon! From what I hear that is a very unpleasant thing to go through. Make sure she follows her docs advice. Damaging your pancreas is a quick road to diabetes. Speaking as a diabetic, let me tell you that is not a fun road! Also, as someone else said, take care of yourself. Plenty of rest and don't forget to eat! She may need your help when she gets out!
Broken

Arnold Bennet

#77531 - 12/10/04 11:01 PM Re: Please pray for...
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm sending prayers for your Mom, Mike. It certainly is painful... but treatable. Hoping and praying for the best for her...and, you, too.

David

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.